12 HOUR SHIFTS

Thread: 12 HOUR SHIFTS

12 HOUR SHIFTS

Are we going to 12 hour shifts?

Re: 12 HOUR SHIFTS

No, we are not, so don't start THAT rumor again.

Yes we are going to 12 hour shifts according to the rumor mill.

If #2 had his way we would be there now. OT killed it before and with the way the budget is, well, you figure it out. So, yes we will probably go to 12 hour shifts because it makes no sense.

As staffing issues develop, alternative duty schedules have been, are being, and will be considered. I don't like 12 hour shifts, and I think I represent the majority, but there are some who would love to make the change. The Sheriff has already stated that he has no preference on the duty shift schedule, and will concede to whatever the majority decides, as long as it does not have a negative effect on operations. If you are concerned that a few outspoken advocates of the 12 hours shifts will get their way, shoot the man an e-mail, stating your preference one way or another. If he holds true to his word, and there are an overwhelming number of messages against the change, it will not happen. Make your voice heard.

I agree, don't start this B.S. again. The 10 hour shifts are working just fine.
    There is a certain south-end Sgt. who is pushing for it. The 12 hour shifts will greatly benefit him. :cop:

I heard a rumor that a rumor is going that there is a rumor that someone said there is a rumor that we are going to 12's. Is that tue or just a rumor?