Hooligan 2

Thread: Hooligan 2

Hooligan 2

Does anyone know when the results of the "work study" are going to be made public? it's apparent that some of the results have already trickled in, but no one has said if all the results are back.

Re: Hooligan 2

It is nice we again learned about something from the Star-Blunder. The chief is quoted as saying that he doesn't know of any morale problems and that he goes to meetings, but he gets very little feed back.

Well we were finally given an anonymous way to put in our input without having to worry about the back lash. It is time for a new city manager, mayor, chief and deputy chief. I am sure the study showed that. The morale is very low with the administration holding us accountable for every little thing, but when they mess up, it is only a "my bad" and do nothing to fix it.

The study says we need to cut 11 people. I bet those 11 people are not from the road. Probably non-sworn members, at least I hope.

We could work the road with 15 people, if they all show up, if people, like Melissa, would cover their zone. I know things come up and the zone guy gets busy, then the rest of his or her squad should step up and cover their district. Central has become the *****es of the department and have work calls everywhere. With that, then there is no chance of them doing anything to work on problems in the district. I wish that would have come out of the study. I hope the FOP gets a copy so I can read the entire thing.

The positions are transciptionists in records and the Major in Community Policing. A couple others including the Crime Prevention Officer.

Yea, I just read the whole report. Quite interesting. I forsee a lot of changes coming. With the new city manager, He will be pushing for Change. But then again, from what we have learned from the President, Change isn't always good.

I saw the part where they say that we do need the 15 officers on the road. What surprised me was where they said the officers should be. Central is usually on the east side. I figured it would say less officers were needed in central. Guess the east side guys just need to pick up their slack.

I've seen the chief in ONE briefing since I've been at the Ocala Police Department, and in that it was almost two years after he took office. I said to him that morale was low and that we expected great things from him. I got no response as he walked out of briefing. Sam Williams is a really nice guy, but not the right leader for the Ocala Police Department.

Our reputation is becoming statewide. This from rumors and arbitrations. It's about time we make this the agency the one that people want to go to instead of the one they settle for. The FOP is on the right track and I applaude them for the efforts that are being put forth. I'm not sure why, but I still take pride in working here, pride in the job that I do and the city I work for. We should all do the same, rise above the BS and do our jobs.

After reading the results of the survey, I was disappointed to learn that one of the areas that was targeted was preliminary investigations. This falls back on patrol. We should all be ashamed of this and put forth the effort to victims that we would want if we were the victims, I too realize that I have faultered at times in this area, but it reflects on us as a whole. This very well could be the new horizen at the OPD, and we should all take the pride to do the very best job we can, to rise above the behaviors of a few that are out to hold officers back. We should be a department that people want to come to and stay their career's at and this falls back on what we are doing now, and the strives we make as a group and as FOP members.

Take proud of who we are, what we do, an where we are going. We deal with victims everyday, victims aren't victims everyday!

I really feel for you folks, it appears you have reached an all time low. In my day we had our bad moments but we always rebounded and moved on, I think morale is the lowest I have seen it in ages. I do know that the current leadership is the worst since the Dean years, its hard to keep a positive attitude but hopefully you have calmer seas ahead.