"POLICE"? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "POLICE"?

Re: "POLICE"?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    People recognize the word "Police" better than they do "State Officer." The fact is: DEP law enforcement officers ARE Police. 'Nuff said.

Actually the term doesnt fit the statute. You are a Law Enforcement Officer. No where in their is word "POLICE" Just like the other state agencies. Then again No where in the Statute does it say FHP is a "State Trooper". I guess you could split hairs all day long. You say Apple they say Oranges.....Get it Oranges....Baaah Haaaa. Sounds like a whole bunch of Identity Crisis to me anyway. Besides the poor guy was only asking a question and you get all my badge is better than yours.. :devil: :evil:

when did you all start making 10-50's outside of parks?

When you can get away with it.

When they gave us State Arrest power. I might get paid peanuts but that is one less thing to worry about. Were not the park service. Just lke you FDEP has more than one misson.

We are not bound to the parks, we are "State Officers" which means we have "Statewide" authority. We stop people for violations just like any other Police Officer. Not sure why this is confusing or even someones concern. The parks are one of the areas we service, not our only customer. We serve the Citizens of this state anywhere in the state, not just in parks, just like Troopers, DOT Officers, Ag Officers, FWC Officers etc. We can enforce all state laws within the state of Florida.

We are not bound to the parks, we are "State Officers" which means we have "Statewide" authority. We stop people for violations just like any other Police Officer. Not sure why this is confusing or even someones concern. The parks are one of the areas we service, not our only customer. We serve the Citizens of this state anywhere in the state, not just in parks, just like Troopers, DOT Officers, Ag Officers, FWC Officers etc. We can enforce all state laws within the state of Florida.

You're right about having authority.....now knowing what to do when you find it is another story.

Oh ok. It doesn't make much sense to have the 1 DEP officer for the State Park, 10 miles away making traffic stops in the city though. :?

Oh ok. It doesn't make much sense to have the 1 DEP officer for the State Park, 10 miles away making traffic stops in the city though. :?

That's always been their excuse though when they actually find something when they are playing Police....or when they make someone in the park mad, call for S.O. or PD so they can have them clean up their mess

WOW, THAT'S THE MOST INTERESTING THING I EVER HEARD!!!CAN :? YOU SAY IT AGIAN?? DO YOU HAVE TIME????? :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by the rest
    WOW, THAT'S THE MOST INTERESTING THING I EVER HEARD!!!CAN :? YOU SAY IT AGIAN?? DO YOU HAVE TIME????? :roll:

Apparently the people who keep posting have plenty of time to worry about us, either they are not Police Officers (which is what I am expecting) or they must have perfect agencies (which I am highly doubting).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast