Chief - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chief

Re: Chief

Story by wftv.com

BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. --

Tensions inside the Melbourne Police Department have reached a boiling point.

The Fraternal Order of Police released a letter Saturday slapping Melbourne police Chief Don Carey with a vote of no confidence from dozens of his officers.

Out of 108 union officers who voted, the majority said they are overwhelmingly frustrated with the chief.

The Fraternal Order of Police cited the recent controversy surrounding Officer Frank Carter, who was arrested last month on allegations he pulled over minority drivers without just cause.

Another officer, Mike Schmid, said when he told Florida Department of Law Enforcementagents he thought the accusations of racism against Carter were a witch hunt, Chief Carey threatened his career.

Even though the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is still looking into the case, the Fraternal Order of Police wants Melbourne's city manager to conduct a formal review of the incident.

The police union says Chief Carey leads by fear and intimidation.

The police union says there has been a lack of communication within the department, low morale, unjustified personnel transfers and a change of policies to suit the chief of police.

Eyewitness News was unable to reach the Melbourne Police Department and the chief of police for comment on Saturday.

"The police union says there has been a lack of communication within the department, low morale, unjustified personnel transfers and a change of policies to suit the chief of police."

CHEATHAM for CHief..Cheatham for CHIEF! Most of you losers weren't even here when Danny was around. I wish most of ya'll would go back up North where you came from!

Fortunately, I haven't visited this site in quite some time. Sadly, it seems that nothing has changed.

It's good to see that Melbourne Officers can come together, however, in order for that to happen in Clermont there would need to be a union.

That big raise JK got us in our last contract was taken back in lost benefits, holiday pay, Sunday OT, and increased medical co-pays. Not to mention if you use tobacco products, now you've lost your last 3 years of wage increases. If any of you would actually take the time to evaluate yourself instead of others you might realize that persons who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and that your so called "leader" has long ago abandoned each and everyone of you for his own self-preservation.

The "unity" post was "real enlightening". The minute someone takes a stand and says I've had enough of this BS, you all look to who you can blame instead of looking at yourself and what you may have done to contribute to bring a person to a point where they give up their career just to get away from all the turmoil, back stabbing, double standards, hypocrites, liars, and overall negative nasty individuals who have NO life outside of this PD other than drinking beer and philandering.

This department is broken and that comes from the top down. There may have been good intentions and well laid plans, but those have long been replaced by personal agendas and insatiable egos. Sadly, the individuals who try to do their job and stay out of trouble always seem to get the most heat. I guess the saying "if you don't drink the kool-aide you're not in the punch" is only too painfully evident every day around lunch when the arse kissers meet to eat lunch and try to make it look like everyone else is to blame because they're such good "friends". To be a friend you must know what one is. What a friend is not, someone who is constantly checking up on their co-workers to see what negative things they can make up, or the co-worker that sees someone on the side of the road who may or may not need assistance (but they pretend they didn't see the red/blue lights when they passed by), making up rumors about each other because the truth is too painful to accept (that maybe you contributed to the problem), going 10-06 at the PD right after they go 10-08 or lastly {{my favorite}} two adults whispering in each others ear while in a squad room filled with your co-workers.

If any of you took the time to listen to the citizens who fund your paycheck (your REAL bosses), you would know that there are many quiet big stick carrying citizens who are disgusted by this sham of a police department and there is a lot more being done to rectify the problem that many of us grudgingly see as a means to an end.

Thank God I won't be around when that bomb explodes that dispels all those from their self-appointed ivory towers, why stop at dispatch maybe the whole department would look better in green, sadly this department is so well known by the outsiders that not a single officer (not even the good ones) would have a job then because Clermont Cops are seen as "infected".

...and this doesn't come from a disgruntled employee, just someone who has the balls to say the truth.

Can someone please tell us, did the chief's ex-wife took his balls in their divorce or did Gail kept them? He has not done anything for the PD, but bring the morale down.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Your taking advice from a disgruntled mechanic whose writing on a sign may support your agenda one day and will spit on you, if given the chance, on the next? Why doesn't the chief like you? Because most of you were hired when the old admin. was in office and should not have been hired as a dog catcher much less a Police Officer. Some of you won't have to worry about that though. Your days are coming to an end. Make sure you all turn in your resignation letters and follow the super sergeant's lead and return three days later all but sucking c*ck do get your job back, once you realize noone wants to hire you rejects.
    The four or five of you are all dumba**es, thats why noone including the chief likes you. Your *****ing, moaning, and superior/holy than thou attitude is why the public doesn't like you and the complaints flood in.
    Some of the others at your PD have been able to run loose without policy or any type of order for so long, when any type of order or control is implemented "the chief is picking on me".
    You wanted a response from someone who is not under the chief or JJ's desk, there you go. The only solution is to fire about 5 of you sh*tbirds, issue you a flashlight, and give you orders to go stand at your post for Mickey Mouse Police.
    WOW looks like the disgruntled mechanic won good for him!!!! yes it was dumb of JR to quit he should have let them fire him and he would have eventually got his job back like EW JR and GH. wanna bet KB and KM will be back as well. I'm sure when he came to resend his letter you guys while holding hands at the famous lunch table had a good laugh on that one. guess you all forgot that we are professionals. something our own administration has forgotten. nobody's crying about the policy and order you write about that's all good but do it fairly not selectively, not something you would know about, right? If these folks have all these complaints flooding in where is the discipline other then the BS verbal counselings maybe because they're all BS and everyone knows it!!Yes we did want a response from someone that's not under the desk but unfortunately those of you that are you will never speak up because you don't have the backbone. :roll:

You don't have a back bone... because you hide behind your computer. Put your big girl panties on and say these things to people directly. LIKE A REAL MAN or WOMAN. It is easy to "have a back bone" when you are a coward behind a keyboard.
    If you can't say things directly to the people you complain about then go to CVS buy some Midol, tampons, some chocolate... the bloating and cramps should stop soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Clermont 911
    You don't have a back bone... because you hide behind your computer. Put your big girl panties on and say these things to people directly. LIKE A REAL MAN or WOMAN. It is easy to "have a back bone" when you are a coward behind a keyboard.
    If you can't say things directly to the people you complain about then go to CVS buy some Midol, tampons, some chocolate... the bloating and cramps should stop soon.
    Funny I don't see you posting your name there skippy, unless it's clermont 911. You aholes that come on this site and say that crack me up :roll:

Under normal circumstances you may have a point that I did not use my name. Then again I am not personally attacking individuals with toxic venom. When I have a problem with someone no matter what the level of rank I ask to speak to them privately. I then express my concerns privately and professionally. Sometime changes are made, other times we agree to disagree. For the most part it's not what you say but how you say it.
    You lose credibility when you attack and slander others.

P.S. There is a CVS located on Hwy 50......

Quote Originally Posted by Clermont 911
    Go back under the desk and get a mouth full, that's what got you promoted is it not???? :snicker:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast