Vote No
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vote No

Vote No

Yes folks, another vote is looming. Your ballots are in your mailboxes and await you. I strongly suggest we vote NO! Why? Because read the fine print. Don't read the PBA cheat sheet. They conveniently leave out the finer points of what you will be voting on. The point that sticks with me is that there is an "expiration" date on the "Pompano Shift" schedule. I also am not a big fan of giving up the option to work holidays that I don't want to take off. How can we let the sheriff take back anything from us? You know the next contract will be garbage. Make the sheriff honor his contract 100 percent. Make the PBA do their damn job. Am I the only person sick and tired of what the sheriff is doing and the PBA? We will never be taken seriously if we accept this change of our contract. Did we forget how much aggravation this guy put us through to get this contract in the first place? How about the sheriff give us something? Reduce the gas tax! Have open Civilian Review Board hearings that can be attended and take minutes.

What I am telling you is to read the fine print. Take a stand and send the sheriff a message that we will not accept reductions to our pay and benefits. I didn't even mention all of the new colonels he promoted this week. Did we really need all of those 100,000 plus a year managers? Please feel free to justify this.

Thank you.

Re: Vote No

I agree.

This dangling the Pompano schedule in front of our face when he knows the majority wants it is absolute BS. I love the Pompano schedule but I'm voting NO.

OK..so the vote is 1137 to 2. Lets move on.

I agree also. The 2 percent should have been ours since October. We should get that money retroactive from October. Vote NO!!!

VOTING NO. PBA SAYS "WE SHOULD BE GRATEFULTHAT WE DO HAVE A JOB" AND "LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE". YES THATS THE UNION I WANT FIGHTING FOR ME. WHAT A JOKE.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    VOTING NO. PBA SAYS "WE SHOULD BE GRATEFULTHAT WE DO HAVE A JOB" AND "LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE". YES THATS THE UNION I WANT FIGHTING FOR ME. WHAT A JOKE.
    The big picture is another IUPA PERC vote is coming and the PBA is going.

Keep having votes until the PBA gets the vote count to go their way !!!! I can't believe the PBA is even doing this. How can the PBA have a simple yes or no for 5 different proposals ? If we pass this, the PBA is off the hook and when we complain again they will respond by saying, "we were going to sue the Sheriff for the money and everything else but YOU voted for the contract and took that option away from us". If we vote no which I encourage everyone to do, it will paint the PBA into a corner. What will happen next, another letter of a promise to file a PERC violation ?

The PBA wants this to pass to cover ther screw ups. This is why the PBA has not even complained that every district chief that has recently sat in roll call and has told their command that the Sheriff and I encourage you to accept this contract is a perc violation in itself !!!! What are you doing about this PBA ?

Some of the Sgts are trying to get us to vote for it also. I am voting no !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Honest One
    Some of the Sgts are trying to get us to vote for it also. I am voting no !!!!!
    The problem is all you guys are thinking about yourselves. I wanted to vote no, but I knew the rest of the guys (junior of course) would suffer and not enjoy the schedule. Maybe for me it is about the bigger picture. I do not like what the sheriff did or the PBA, but in reality I am just giving up 1%, not 2%, of the pay that was promised. Crappy situation, but we are in a budget crunch and we need to be somewhat willing here. Just vote yes and lets move on....

I am voting yes just to put this behind and move on to the real issues. This is so small it is stupid to fight about.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast