FWC officer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FWC officer

FWC officer

I rode with an FWC officer last month and learned a lot about what they're all about. One of their pilots offered to take me on one of their surveillance flights. I've been thinking about looking into their agency even more and was wondering if any of you have ever worked for them or thought about it.

Re: FWC officer

Stop "just thinkin'" and get your papers submitted. I worked for them years ago and wish I was still there. It's a great agency and they're way under-rated. When I was with them it was routine to enforce every law in the book...fish and wildlife regs, boating safety laws, drugs, traffic, DWLS/R, littering and dumping, sex crimes, trespass, etc. We had access to boats, 4X4s, airplanes and helicopters, airboats, ATVs...you get the picture. Time's a-wastin'. Get in your application.

TPD starts at 44K yr with a step plan and FWC starts at 31K with no step plan.....

I guess if TPD wont hire you then you can settle for FWC......

That's true enough, but there are plenty of us who will not sacrifice our contentment and happiness for a few thousand dollars. I plan to return to the FWC as soon as possible simply because I looked forward to going to work everyday. There's more than one way to be "wealthy". I guess if you want to drive around on paved roads all day in your little car, and have to turn around at the city limit sign, stay where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by been there and done that
    That's true enough, but there are plenty of us who will not sacrifice our contentment and happiness for a few thousand dollars. I plan to return to the FWC as soon as possible simply because I looked forward to going to work everyday. There's more than one way to be "wealthy". I guess if you want to drive around on paved roads all day in your little car, and have to turn around at the city limit sign, stay where you are.

Well, for those of us who went to college and graduated, making 31,879 with no step plan is ridiculous. Judging by how many officers they have go elsewhere and their turnover - many seem to agree.

Driving down dirt roads into the "wilderness" in a big truck with one arm draped around your sister is apparently your idea of "REAL" law enforcement.

Sounds like you're perfect for FWC - now go to their board and make some contacts...and by all means - enjoy driving around in your BIG truck on dirt roads, because that's truly the measure that you have arrived in the law enforcement universe.

Just make sure you keep your gas logs up to date on that 4 wheeler, boat and pickup, and enjoy being told to sit with the truck off in 100 degree weather by your Lt. to save gas (state budget cuts)....I'm sure your sister doesn't mind how you smell. :snicker:

My goodness! Why all the anger and personal attacks? You prove my point...thank you. Spending all day in that Cement Jungle has had predictible results. You're angry at everyone and so tired of answering the barking dog and loud music complaints. Our FWC officers patrol the areas you rush to on your days off and only dream about sitting at the stop light on Tennessee Skreet. Relax man! I was just trying to provide another point of view. By the way, I don't have a sister. Could that have been YOUR sister under my stinky pit?

Go back to the FWC board.....there most not be many fish to measure today

You get back to work. I saw an expired tag on Monroe Skreet this mornning.

Quote Originally Posted by Been there and done that
    You get back to work. I saw an expired tag on Monroe Skreet this mornning.

I'm sure it was just one of your brother officers who can't afford to renew his tags :roll:

This is the dumbest thread ever :cop:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast