Randy lost his battle
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Randy lost his battle

Randy Davis passed away this afternoon at 5:22pm with his family and friends by his side.

Please keep his family in your prayers.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Re: Randy lost his battle

Thanks for posting this Rick and I'm sorry to hear that he's gone. There are certainly no guarantees in life and it sucks that Randy will never get to enjoy the retirement he worked so hard to get. I know Randy took you under his wing when you came on 27 years ago and I'm sure his family appreciated you be there for him during his final days.

R.I.P. Randy

Randy was one of the good guys.

I am glad to hear that Randy was one of the good guys. According to the posts on this site there are not too many good guys within the organization. Give it thought. Y'all are your own worst enemies with your arrogance, bad language and attitude. Try TCD. For those who do not know, TCD stands for Tact, Courtesy and Diplomacy. Try it......it does work.

What illness did Randy die of? I know he was a heavy smoker.

Rest in Peace Randy.....Definately one of the good guys.

Smokers die WAY younger! - Heavy smokers (2 or more packs/day) will die 2.3 times faster than light smokers (1 pack/day), and 30 times faster than non-smokers.

Smoking causes more that 400,000 deaths in the U.S each year! Of these deaths, about half die in middle age (35-69), losing an average of 23 years life expectancy.

Rest in peace Randy. You will always be remebered by the members of academy class 68. You were the best of the best and I am proud to have worked with and known you. God Bless you and may peace be with your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest13
    I am glad to hear that Randy was one of the good guys. According to the posts on this site there are not too many good guys within the organization. Give it thought. Y'all are your own worst enemies with your arrogance, bad language and attitude. Try TCD. For those who do not know, TCD stands for Tact, Courtesy and Diplomacy. Try it......it does work.
    I rarely come to LEO AFFAIRS because of all the negativity and anonymous "Guest Posts". Occasionally, I find something interesting or learn news that I knew little or nothing about. To Guest 13: This is definitely not the post to intrude upon for cop bashing. There are alot of great police officers at TPD. Some are definitely better than others. We are all people and no one is perfect.

Randy was a good guy, a good police officer and a genuinely nice and caring person as evidenced by his selfless giving towards others. Testimonies given by his son and daughter at his service would attest that he was a great father as well. May Randy rest in peace and may God grant his family peace and help ease their sorrow.

To the moderator: This site would be a much better place for the exchange of information and ideas if people were required to list their names instead of being anonymous. I am a police officer and proud to be one. Anyone who would like to make a comment should be proud to make known who they are instead of being a shameless coward who hides behind the title of "Guest".

Jimmy Wester
    TPD D-3

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast