.357 50th Anniversary Revolver
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

.357 50th Anniversary Revolver

Does anyone have any idea the current fair market value of the FHP's 50th Anniversary (1989) .357 Revolver in the original case and never shot? It is 1 of 350ish. I have an opportunity to buy one and have no idea it value. If I recall they went for approx. $650 new.

Re: .357 50th Anniversary Revolver

I'd be interested in that as well. I have one and don't even remember how much I paid for it. 650 seems high though? CRS disease...

If it happens to be a "Colt Python", jump on it! They are a collectors item and that price would be a steal.

$600-650 sounds correct. I wish I had purchased two!

Quote Originally Posted by FHPGuest
    If it happens to be a "Colt Python", jump on it! They are a collectors item and that price would be a steal.

Was it a Colt Python or S&W? Anyone know?

I want to buy one!

The F.H.P. 50th Anniversary (1939-1989) Commemorative revolver is a Smith and Wesson Model 686. There were 394 made. It has checkered wood handles with scroll engraving on both sides of the frame, barrel, and cylinder. The F.H.P. badge is engraved on the right rear side of the frame above the handle, "1 of 394" is engraved on the right side of the frame above the trigger, "Florida Highway Patrol" in a scroll is engraved on the right side of the barrel, and "1939 Fiftieth Anniversary 1989" is engraved on the right side of the ejector guard under the barrel. They could be purchased with either a solid wood case inlaid with velvet and an engraving on the lid, or with a wood case inlaid with velvet with a wood/glass top that had etching of the badge, agency motto, and "50th Anniversary" on the glass. There was also a letter of authentication signed by Colonel Bobby R. Burkett and Mr. Terry D. Wagner of Commemorative Firearms, Ltd. in Richmond, Virginia. The letter certified the authenticity of the firearm and included the serial number of the firearm in the body of the letter. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The F.H.P. 50th Anniversary (1939-1989) Commemorative revolver is a Smith and Wesson Model 686. There were 394 made. It has checkered wood handles with scroll engraving on both sides of the frame, barrel, and cylinder. The F.H.P. badge is engraved on the right rear side of the frame above the handle, "1 of 394" is engraved on the right side of the frame above the trigger, "Florida Highway Patrol" in a scroll is engraved on the right side of the barrel, and "1939 Fiftieth Anniversary 1989" is engraved on the right side of the ejector guard under the barrel. They could be purchased with either a solid wood case inlaid with velvet and an engraving on the lid, or with a wood case inlaid with velvet with a wood/glass top that had etching of the badge, agency motto, and "50th Anniversary" on the glass. There was also a letter of authentication signed by Colonel Bobby R. Burkett and Mr. Terry D. Wagner of Commemorative Firearms, Ltd. in Richmond, Virginia. The letter certified the authenticity of the firearm and included the serial number of the firearm in the body of the letter. Hope this helps.
    Where can I buy one?

Where can I buy one?
    I'll sell you mine for $1500.

I'll sell you mine for $1500.
    I will give you $750.00 - cash

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast