Free Stuff!!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Stuff!!

Free Stuff!!

So who screwed up now to spark the cheif's email about accepting free/half price stuff?

Sorry, but there is nothing wrong with accepting free/half price anything if it is in the store/restuarant's policy to offer it. I can understand if your talking about small mom and pop shops as you could one day have to make a decision unfavorable to that paticular owner's business, but large chain stores or restaurants don't matter.

I always offer to pay full price unless I have gone to this business several times before and offered, but been turned down. If the offer is made to pay for the item and the store/restaurant still discounts it, then there is no issue. If it is ever brought up your reply is simply that I have offered to pay every time.

Figures another idiot in this department would go and do something stupid to try and ruin the working life of the rest. ops:

Re: Free Stuff!!

Probably the same idiot who screwed up MMH and the windbreakers. Or his sidekick who screwed up Golden Coral

What email? Just checked and I got nothing.

International Association of Chiefs of Police Law Enforcement Code of Ethics
    AS A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality and justice.

I WILL keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I WILL never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I RECOGNIZE the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession...law enforcement.

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************************
    The “never accepting gratuities” always comes back to haunt us…………too easy to accept that free coffee, free soda, or meals @ 50% off. Too easy to justify in our own minds as something to offset having to be a cop working nights, then it's days, then as a detective.......too hard to cut it off.

lets see who is not working the road.......Some never learn!!! :roll:

The guy that is on the desk has needed to go for sometime. Hopefully this will be enough to send him packing. He is just too scared to do this job and when it affects how he backs up other officers then that is a HUGE issue. The newest addition to dispatch has sealed his own fate. BPD gives him a second chance and he firsts hangs out at MMH so much that admin ends up 51ing him from there. Now he pulls this screwup. Honestly how many chances does a person need? :?

Hey Tim and Chris lets meet up at Gecko's, and take advantage of situation..Hey maybe they can get a job there and serve us!!!! :devil:

e130 and e134 should both be joined at geckos serving us by e115. make sure you keep your wallet safe when he is arourn!!!! :evil:

dumber than doing that in the first place is announcing it in this forum for everyone in the media to read. good thinking.

Can't imagine that they would think they wouldn't get caught. They are just two of quite a few more at this department that take this job as a joke. Do things that are just retarded and think it's no big deal. Then when someone corrects them, they sit there shocked and awed that someone acutally said something to them. If what is alleged is true then move these guys out and others in that actually care about the job they do.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast