Visiting your lovely city

Visiting your lovely city

I will be in New Orleans this month, and really looking forward to the visit. I am wondering if it is legal for me to carry a handgun while in the city. I am a certified Police Officer in Florida and want to fly armed, you know with people setting their underwear on fire and crazy stuff like that. Is there a process in place for me to carry my weapon on my person while visitingand is it an accepted practice for off-duty oficers to carry without a concealed firearms permit?

Re: Visiting your lovely city

Leave your weapon at home. You don 't need to be a cop while you are here on vacation. Moron. :lol:

I am also from Florida and visit N.O. quite a bit. If you go to the quarter you don't want to mix drinking with firearms. Unless you are on official
    business the gun is going to be checked with your baggage. I don't know who might have answered your original question but most of the LEO's
    I have met there are straight up. Guess I never met the guy who answered you. Most likely a wannabe or a CCC (civilian in cops clothing) never should have been hired. Have fun in N.O. I always do. STH

My balls itch.

My intentions were to come on here and ask a somewhat different question but I saw this link and decided to take a peak. I am coming to NO for Halloween and am staying down around Magazine. Can some of you suggest a few good resturants? I would like some that are not high price tourist places. I enjoy going were the locals go for good fun and food! Also, is there ant reasonably priced parking in lieu of the $26 a day valet offered at the hotel?

Save your money and not visit that cess-pool city!