Florida Keys Fugitive Haven - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Florida Keys Fugitive Haven

There should be a reason why the department hasn't noticed anything suspicious with that parked vehicle being there for days. COME ON!! I'm pretty sure there has been more than one officer patrolling that area. As a mater of fact, there should have been MULTIPLE SHIFTS with MULTIPLE OFFICERS patrolling that general location. Anyways, be safe.! :snicker:

Why is it that we are so quick to jump on each other as police officers? I worked for MCSO, and moved onto a larger agency. I can say that I enjoyed my time working for the MCSO, and the MCSO is no different than any law enforcement agendy in this state. Should someone have checked out with this guy? sure why not.....But I don't remember getting my crystal ball issued during orientation. Can any of us sit here and say that we haven't missed something? Think about every car we've stopped, and missed some guns or drugs. Someone said earlier that it is common to see cars under covers down there. This is true due to the snow birds leaving vehicles down there all over the place. My point is... Good Job to the federal agents and the MCSO for capturing this guy, without getting another innocent person hurt. Instead of finger pointing, let's remember that we should be taking care of each other, and not criticizing.

In the end it is obvious that a car with a cover over for well over 1 an half months and BOLO information that a known fugitive recently brought a car cover, and the fact that it is a rent by the day (maybe a week) type establishment and right off of U.S 1. Not tucked away or covertly placed...c'mon cut the crap Monroe County dropped the ball on this big time. It is nothing short of bad police work and lack of attention to details. No more no less.

Love you know-it-all Monday morning quarterbacks. Guess we should have told Abe Lincoln to skip the theater that night. Maybe mentioned to President Kennedy to put the top up that day in Dallas. I know, that AIDS thing? It's MCSO's fault for not educating the public on the dangers of unprotected sex. Yep, go ahead and place the blame where it is due. What were we thinking?

Maybe if you spent 30 minutes checking your area while we in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach spent 30 DAYS checking our counties we all could of put this to rest a long time ago. FYI Lincoln was told to avoid Washington D.C areas after dark due to separatists and confederate loyalists, and Kennedy balked at a glass top even though advisors wanted it, and your momma warned you about putting your pecker in an exit instead of an entrance so yes.. theoretically not following information and acting upon it (like a police BOLO) will lead to unintended actions. Schmenkie!

Quote Originally Posted by Blow this all you want...you still dropped the ball
    BOLO for a small subcompact, triple homicide offender known to have purchased a car cover recently...vehicle sat for 40+days with said car cover right off U.S 1...common sight no less, MSO blew this big time.
    Oh go suck on a crayon. Cars are covered up here all the time because of the blowing saltwater and the rust damage it causes, fool.

Yeah, when I need a prisoner transported, i'll call one of you pukes ok? Otherwise don't pretend to be street cops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12