Former FHP Trooper Raped and Murdered Woman on I-95
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Former FHP Trooper Raped and Murdered Woman on I-95

There was so much said in another forum stating that this didn't happen, well IT DID! (This is the guy, right?)

Former trooper Tim Harris, currently serving a life sentence.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInma...onID=211162690

Corrections Offender Network
    Inmate Population Information Detail

(This information was current as of 12/27/2009)

DC Number: 139009
    Name: HARRIS, TIMOTHY S
    Race: WHITE
    Sex: MALE
    Hair Color: BROWN
    Eye Color: BROWN
    Height: 6'02''
    Weight: 226 lbs.
    Birth Date: 04/16/1958
    Initial Receipt Date: 09/28/1990
    Current Facility: SOUTH BAY C.F.
    Current Custody: CLOSE
    Current Release Date: SENTENCED TO LIFE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Aliases:
    TIMOTHY S HARRIS TIMOTHY SCOTT HARRIS

Current Prison Sentence History:
    Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Prison Sentence Length
    03/04/1990 1ST DG MUR/PREMED. OR ATT. 09/28/1990 INDIAN RIVER 9000335 SENTENCED TO LIFE

Incarceration History:
    Date In-Custody Date Out-of-Custody
    09/28/1990 Currently Incarcerated

Re: Former FHP Trooper Raped and Murdered Woman on I-95

Well, that was a big slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Well, that was a big slap in the face.

Probably because you were the jerk saying that this never happened. You were probably still in diapers when this happened.

If you go back to that other forum you will clearly see that someone said he raped and killed women. The poster of the one who said that never happened said that because it wasn't multiple women. It was only the 1 "WOMAN". Then it all got stupid from there.

WOW really?
    This buttmuncher did this 20 years ago and it is a topic today?
    He was a wacko back when he was a local cop in Indian River, Sebastian i think.
    He was a felony officer or just got out of felony when he stopped that woman on I95.
    She offered an exchange to get out of a ticket. He took the offer and killed her afterwards.
    Shen they arrested his some days or weeks later he was wearing her panty hose. He has been in prison for 19 years.
    Why again, is this a topic for discussion?

he was wearing her panty hose.
    Wonder if he has the legs for them? Bet they are coming in handy up there in Raiford. "Gentlemen prefer hanes." :shock:

Wow- I remember this like it was yesterday. The victim, Lorraine Hendricks, taught Spanish (possibly as a volunteer) at my Catholic school in Jacksonville when I was in eighth grade. She was very nice, and she really tried to connect with the students, bringing Spanish magazines and music. I'll never forget when our main teacher told us that she was missing, and then finding out in the newspaper first that she had been raped and murdered, and then next finding out that it had been perpetuated by a state trooper. Her daughter was only 6 or 7 at the time- it was just so sad all around. Twenty years have passed and it still affects me. She was really a beautiful person. Rest in peace, Ms. Hendricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    WOW really?
    This buttmuncher did this 20 years ago and it is a topic today?
    He was a wacko back when he was a local cop in Indian River, Sebastian i think.
    He was a felony officer or just got out of felony when he stopped that woman on I95.
    She offered an exchange to get out of a ticket. He took the offer and killed her afterwards.
    Shen they arrested his some days or weeks later he was wearing her panty hose. He has been in prison for 19 years.
    Why again, is this a topic for discussion?
    Because someone just had to have something to bash the FHP about (someone with an ax to grind) and this is the only other thing they could drag up.

Ann Rule wrote a book on this one. Good read.

In You Belong To Me and Other True Cases, Rule starts off with "You Belong To Me", the story of former Florida State Trooper Tim Harris. Harris was, for most of his career, considered by his peers to be an outstanding police officer whose record was well above reproach. But few people knew about Tim Harris's dark obsessive side-- his need for control and sexual perversions. His wife, Sandy, had married him when she was a teenager and was familiar with his abusive nature. He had beaten and belittled her while she worked to support his need to buy bigger and better things. Sandy mothered Jennifer and Timmy, the two children she had with Tim Harris, while he played on the $50,000 yacht he had purchased for himself despite the fact that he and his wife's combined income was less than $50,000 annually. He had also bought himself new vehicles to satisfy his insatiable need for more and more toys and more women. Besides being a spendthrift, Harris was a notorious philanderer who carried on affairs with no regard for his wife's feelings.

On the job, Trooper Harris was a star. He had gotten involved with the K9 unit, training his dog Shadow, who was reputed to be one of the most fierce dogs on the force. Little did his superiors know that Tim Harris was using Shadow to intimidate his victims, instructing the animal to "watch" the women he chose to victimize. Shadow's unquestionable allegiance to his master coupled with Harris's training as a police officer proved to be a combination that rendered Harris's victims powerless.

When Sandy had finally had enough of her husband's cruelty, she did what most self-respecting women would do. She told him she wanted a divorce and kicked him out of the house. But in Tim Harris's eyes, Sandy belonged to him, as much as the boat and the truck did. He wasn't about to let her go without a fight. And that's what ultimately led him to wind up in prison for the murder of Lorraine Hendricks, a beautiful, successful mother of one whom Harris happened to pull over for a moving violation.

Ann Rule masterfully tells the tale of how Trooper Harris went from being a top cop to becoming a cold blooded killer. As she does in most of her books, Ann Rule remains squarely on the victim's side, although in this book, she seems to try to make it clear that Trooper Harris represented just one bad apple in a barrel of good police officers. Since Rule is herself a former police officer, I'm sure it pained her to write Tim Harris's story and cast the spotlight on a member of the police force. Rule includes pictures, including one of a crude comic that Tim Harris drew depicting a woman performing fellatio on him at a traffic stop. The drawing is damning evidence of the very little regard that Tim Harris has for women and the fact that he sees them as objects for his own pleasure instead of human beings. I really enjoyed reading "You Belong To Me", although I'm sure I won't be feeling so safe the next time I get pulled over by a cop.

Time flies that seems like just the other day that happened. I live right near where it happened however...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast