What happened to Lt. Sheridan - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What happened to Lt. Sheridan

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Truth and reality: SS is highly trained and very knowledgable. He has a bad attitude because he's suffered through years of mimanagement by the likes of the current major.

The current major should have ridden into retirement YEARS ago. His leadership skills are marginal at best and his old-school mindset is holding the region back. He needs to step aside and allow some fresh blood to flow.
    Well said. With good leadership our agency could be so much further ahead. Leadership starts with communication and our directors do little if any of that. Leadership calls for decisiveness. The South region Major refuses to make decisions in his own region. It's well known that he was promoted in the good 'ol boy system as thanks for staying on for 35+ years. Leadership also calls for courage. This same major turns simple citizen's complaints into IAs because he won't get involved. Integrity is another issue.

Another agency will recognise and utilize SS's talents. I wish him well.
    Well ,well, well. The current Director is ex-fmp, the current south end lt. col. is ex-fmp, just what good'ol boy system is at work to keep that mismanaging Major in office??? Stop rattling your baby spoon against your high-chair, Jr. If you know of real mismanagement, or wrong doing then you need to contact the Inspector General's Office or shut up or you are just as bad or worse. Ball's in your court big mouth. we will all wait to hear about your big investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by sidelines
    Truth and reality: SS is highly trained and very knowledgable. He has a bad attitude because he's suffered through years of mimanagement by the likes of the current major.

The current major should have ridden into retirement YEARS ago. His leadership skills are marginal at best and his old-school mindset is holding the region back. He needs to step aside and allow some fresh blood to flow.
    Well said. With good leadership our agency could be so much further ahead. Leadership starts with communication and our directors do little if any of that. Leadership calls for decisiveness. The South region Major refuses to make decisions in his own region. It's well known that he was promoted in the good 'ol boy system as thanks for staying on for 35+ years. Leadership also calls for courage. This same major turns simple citizen's complaints into IAs because he won't get involved. Integrity is another issue.

Another agency will recognise and utilize SS's talents. I wish him well.
    Well ,well, well. The current Director is ex-fmp, the current south end lt. col. is ex-fmp, just what good'ol boy system is at work to keep that mismanaging Major in office??? Stop rattling your baby spoon against your high-chair, Jr. If you know of real mismanagement, or wrong doing then you need to contact the Inspector General's Office or shut up or you are just as bad or worse. Ball's in your court big mouth. we will all wait to hear about your big investigation.
    AMEN!!!

JJ was at the reigns when DS was promoted and later, when he was "rehired" after retirement. Either way though, there's plenty of poor decisions being made in Tally, no matter what uniforms they wore. You guys REALLY need to get over the FMP/GFC thing, its been over 10 years.

As for the major, I served under him for many years. The earlier remark about decision making is DEAD ON, as is the comment about complaints. When your guys are beating the bushes and splashing in the ICW or Offshore making arrests and writing ticket, there will be an occassional complaint. He should have the backbone to stand up to people calling in with frivolous gripes. He routinely sends up BS/sour grapes complaints to the IG. Correct me if I'm wrong but the GO's say the that discipline should be handled at the lowest level, right? He needs to leave.

so where did they put steve?

Hang in there guys. Help is on it's way. Capt. Hubert from the NE region will be taking over the Maj. position in March. You will notice a difference.

Cool Re: What happened to Lt. Sheridan

JJ was at the reigns when DS was promoted and later, when he was "rehired" after retirement. Either way though, there's plenty of poor decisions being made in Tally, no matter what uniforms they wore. You guys REALLY need to get over the FMP/GFC thing, its been over 10 years.

As for the major, I served under him for many years. The earlier remark about decision making is DEAD ON, as is the comment about complaints. When your guys are beating the bushes and splashing in the ICW or Offshore making arrests and writing ticket, there will be an occassional complaint. He should have the backbone to stand up to people calling in with frivolous gripes. He routinely sends up BS/sour grapes complaints to the IG. Correct me if I'm wrong but the GO's say the that discipline should be handled at the lowest level, right? He needs to leave.
    I LOVE people who have strong opinions about issues that they know nothing about !! Did you take the above mentioned complaints or did you have a crystal ball(s) and know the nature or the calls ? There are specific guidelines and if he was not following them the complaints would have been returned back to the Region. Your comments are spoken like a true cry baby who lacks the facts and maturity, Grow up ! Dave S. has been a true leader, and is a great manager . He will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkaboutit

I LOVE people who have strong opinions about issues that they know nothing about !! Did you take the above mentioned complaints or did you have a crystal ball(s) and know the nature or the calls ? There are specific guidelines and if he was not following them the complaints would have been returned back to the Region. Your comments are spoken like a true cry baby who lacks the facts and maturity, Grow up ! Dave S. has been a true leader, and is a great manager . He will be missed.
    You are right. You should not hold strog opinions about things you know nothing about. So shut up.

You are right. You should not hold strog opinions about things you know nothing about. So shut up.
    Well stated. As I have worked in the past directly for D.S. and have worked with and around S.S. on occassion, I feel I know from which I speak when I say this. I wish you well, Steve-now move on !

Since you don't know me, how do you know that I don't know what I'm talking about? I worked for the commission for FAR longer, and my dedication ran MUCH deeper than most officers employed today. I had the honor of working for some of the best, as well as some the worst supervisors, the agency had to offer. They wore both black and grey and green and tan. Though I was rarely the subject of complaints, I am well aware of the guidlines and procedures that supervisors follow when a complaint comes in.

You want an example? Perhaps some of you remember Officer SP. SP was particularly passionate about manatee enforcement. In fact, he handled most of the manatee issues, wrote most of the manatee enforcement plans, and accounted for more warnings and citations than just about all the South Region officers combined. He was highly motivated and very professional.

SP had a boater come UNGLUED upon receiving a citation for a manatee zone violation. In front of his wife and kids, the boater screamed and cursed at SP and his federal 10-12. SP handed the guy his citation and ended the encounter without giving him the court brochure (at the time it came attached to a postage paid, pre-addressed envelope). The guy called the office several weeks later, complaining about his treatment and how inconvenienced he was by not receiving the envelope. DS had the officer write a detailed memo about the encounter, including a copy of a navigational chart showing the boundaries of the manatee zone and the location of the stop.

Rather than handling it with the guy on the phone, and backing up one of his hardest working officers, DS initiated a formal complaint and forwarded it to the IG. He put SP through the ringer for NOT GIVING THE GUY AN ENVELOPE! What if it had been a use of force, or worse, a shooting? How do you trust someone who is so quick to throw you under the bus?

I have a great deal of respect for DS's dedication to his profession and he is certainly not the worst supervisor I ever worked for. But I also believe that by staying so long, he is denying others the chance to lead, and perhaps approach the regions issues with a fresh perspective.

Excellent post. I remember SP and that situation. I also remember when DS was the acting major while BN was at the FBI academy. DS refused to make decisions and kept calling Tallahassee until they had enough and told him to do his job. How about his failure to notify officers when they were put under an IA because he didn't want to get involved. Theres even a story abou how a simple profanity accusation was sent alll the way up instead of taking care of it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast