MIKE SCOTT FOR SHERIFF 2012 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: MIKE SCOTT FOR SHERIFF 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    There is nothng wrong with unions. Some issues that hurt this vote were:
    1. The majority of the eligible troops simply aren't that unhappy.
    Gee, I dunno, maybe it's because we're grateful for what we have? This is the truth right here, and how the Florida system works. If you don't like where you're working, there's the door. There's ten thousand people standing outside of HQ waiting to do your job. For those that like unions, go back up north where you can nickle and dime an agency for all it's worth.

Qualifications Required.

Last two Sheriff's of Lee County. McDougall held the rank of Sgt. through Major, was appointed Sheriff in Charlotte County. Shoap held the rank of Sgt. through Major. Both of these men commanded personnel, Charlotte County Sheriff's, at least the last two, have all had extensive command experience, except for the previous goof ball who had none. Collier County had Hunter for twenty years, their present Sheriff was Chief of Police of Naples. So, why not have someone with experience running the largest agency in SWF? Mike Scott's claim to fame was being a traffic reporter Corporal and running Crime Stop, no command, other than his secretary. Look at what he did the first day as Sheriff, raised salaries of his upper command staff and secretaries, nothing for the front line. Spent money as if it was water and nothing for the front line. Promised to reduce staff and put the money towards the front line, nope, increased his staff and raised their salaries. Qualifications required, nope, not for Lee County, just a smile is required.

I certainly respect your opinion, but are you actually suggesting that McDougall and Shoap were good sheriffs? I think they destroyed the theory that holding rank makes one qualified for the job. Take a look inside your own agency. See anyone who holds rank that makes you wonder, "WTF"? See anyone who doesn't hold rank but could easily run the shift or even a unit or district?
    Debate the current or future sheriff all you want, but I'm damn glad to be past the McDougall/Shoap era!

I believe what "Qualifications Required" is referring to is that McDougall and Shoap at least came up through the ranks. Whether or not they were good Sheriff's is open for debate. I must say that McDougall fought for pay increases and health coverage for his people and even went to the Governor on more than one occasion. McDougall didn't bow down to Stilwell and the BOCC. McDougall had two faults, Dave Wilson and his using the Office for attention on abortion issues, if this can be considered a fault, right to life is not an issue for a Sheriff to speak on using agency website and stationary. Shoap, he should never have been elected, VanBibber got him in with the right people and off he went. All said, these two men had far more experience than Mike Scott when elected Sheriff, you can't deny this point. Corporal vs Major in knowledge come on, give me a break. You mentioned that rank doesn't mean ability to be a supervisor, okay, look at who Mike immediately promoted when he became Sheriff, or should I say well before he became Sheriff, CF to Chief Deputy, SC to Major from Corporal and bringing back DF as a Captain, on this point I agree, rank doesn't mean ability, but, who selected them, Mike.

Last warning, I have deleted 3 posts reference to raciest accusations. Any further accusations reference to Racist comments towards members will not tolerated. This needs to stop now or this thread will be locked and deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod 610
    Last warning, I have deleted 3 posts reference to raciest accusations. Any further accusations reference to Racist comments towards members will not tolerated. This needs to stop now or this thread will be locked and deleted.
    Guest Quote was deleted by Mod 610 due to TOU violations
    No, we are just sick of unsubstantiated, vindictive slander, which is the only thing you seem to be able to post.

Post the FACTS, if you continue to lie and slander you should be banned, but we all know you can't help yourself don't we.

The newspress forum banned you/deleted your comments, so you come here and push the limit until you are banned here as well.

What a sorry excuse for an ex-employee you are, you have my pity.

The booger is Gary Kamp.

Gary - remember your IA with Darryl?

[quote=The booger]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mod 610":3ae8xicu
    No, we are just sick of unsubstantiated, vindictive slander, which is the only thing you seem to be able to post.

Post the FACTS, if you continue to lie and slander you should be banned, but we all know you can't help yourself don't we.

The newspress forum banned you/deleted your comments, so you come here and push the limit until you are banned here as well.

[/quote:3ae8xicu]

First of all Newspress didnt banned me at all, you are wrong, and I am not an ex-employee DA, I still work here, which Im looking to leave because I know that all the years that I've put in here has not count. So yeah you are WRONG once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation Re: MIKE SCOTT FOR SHERIFF 2012

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by The booger
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mod 610":fk6d88js

First of all Newspress didnt banned me at all, you are wrong, and I am not an ex-employee DA, I still work here, which Im looking to leave because I know that all the years that I've put in here has not count. So yeah you are WRONG once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote:fk6d88js]

What exceptional grammar you have,

So, you are a disgruntled current employee wanting to leave, yeah I was way off the mark there.

Also, the Newspress called and said they did in fact ban you, (Edited by Mod 610 TOU Violations)

Oh, and for the love of God please quit, you put the red in redneck sparky.

@super booger, what was that? You say you called your wife and got this person banned from commenting on the Newspress!?!

2012 is going to be a tough and embarrassing year for us at the LCSO as more scandals and charges are brought upon those that have been disgracing our agency, abusing their powers and committing crimes. We're going to need a strong leader to get us through the tough road ahead as the actions of those reflect on us as a family and will cause distrust among the communities that we serve.

Wether you like Mike Scott or you just don't feel that the other candidates are strong enough, the actions of those corrupt forces may keep him out of the winning seat if not off the ballet completely. Regardless of wether they merely work under his command not act criminally by his command, the damage will be done in public opinion.

No doubt that Mike has had his eye on higher public offices but those opportunities may be amiss by the confidence he has placed in his placement and support of the criminal element within our agency. The court of public opinion will not believe that he was without knowledge in his support of their careers.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast