FOP - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FOP

Re: FOP

And BTW... any Cape Coral cop who needs to make much more also needs to take a good look at how they're spending their money. The job pays a livable wage and they should have known what it pays before choosing to pursue a career in law enforcement.

Police work isn't rocket science and there are plenty of other jobs that are more deadly per 100,000 employees, and they pay similar or less in wages.

Quote Originally Posted by CCPD is tops
    Hey jerk I'm not a cop but think my Cape Coral Officers are the best in Lee County and need to be paid much more.
    Cape Coral Officers are already the best paid in Lee County, how much more do you feel they need to be paid?

Lets take an objective look at how the Cape Cops fair in comparison to their counterparts at other SWFL agencies. Turns out they are already some of the best paid, if not the best paid cops in SWFL. Therefore they don't need to be paid any more then they are already getting.

As i said before if the grass is greener elsewhere i can't blame anyone for leaving, but we won't miss you. Not only is there plenty of up and coming officers who are eager to sign on at CCPD, but many experienced officer and deputies with LCSO, FMPD, CCSO etc. would gladly shuck their current uniforms to take a position with CCPD too.

SWFL law enforcement salaries:

Cape Cops - They have brand new facilities, a very well maintained fleet of take home vehicles, and a benefits package on par with any other agency in SWFL.

Cape Coral base starting salary is $43,992

Lee County Sheriffs Deputies - Aging facilities, take home vehicles and a base starting salary of $35,294. Add to that a $2,500 incentive for those with 2 or more years of military service = base starting salary of $37,794

Fort Myers PD - Aging facilities, aging fleet of vehicles, take home cars currently don't start until 3~4 years of service and a base starting salary of $41,724.

Sanibel Police - the only info I could find for Sanibel is "Average Salary of Sanibel, FL Police Officers is $45,000" (indeed.com). If that's the average the base pay probably isn't any better then the Cape Cops, although it's hard to tell. What is there like 4 or 5 officers at most?

Collier County Sheriffs Deputies - base starting salary of $40,828

Naples Police - "Average Salary of Sanibel, FL Police Officers is $46,000" (indeed.com).

Florida Highway Patrol - Base Starting Salary of $33,977.04 (elsewhere) and $38,976.84 for Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Collier, and Lee Counties.

The only info i could find for Sanibel and Naples is from indeed.com. For comparison they say the average pay for a Cape Coral Officer is $46,000, which is $1,000 more then they say for Sanibel and on par with Naples.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345