Tampa council says no to raises for police officers
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Tampa council says no to raises for police officers

On behalf of myself and all the other hard working tax payers of this fine city . I would like to thank the city council for standing up to the PBA union and those whining police officers who tried to exploit the death of one of their own for their own greedy benefit. A personal thanks to Councilman and fellow former Marine Joseph Caetano and John Dingfelder for leading the charge against government waste. We can now move forward. Sempter Fi

Re: Tampa council says no to raises for police officers

Your wrong. Caetano was for us keeping our step plan.

Now the city will have enough money to give the firemen a much needed and deserved.

Typical uninformed tax payer: 1) you don't know who voted for what
    2) The greedy police officers agreed to a 0 percent raise this year.

U are a dirtbag, claiming u are former military, yet not taking a stand for what is right. U should be ashamed.

we'll see how much you trully love this city when it all starts to fall apart. Officers, time to be reactive.

I almost busted a gut when the PBA attorney asked for a show of hands of how many officers present have ever gotten a boo-boo or arrested big scary bad man.
    "There are soldiers and there are civilians," she told the council. "These are your soldiers." I say if Tampa police officers think they are soldiers lets pay them what a soldier gets paid, they will really be whining. The next time you are nursing your boo-boo and feeling sorry for yourself go to the V.A hospital in Tampa and see what kind of injuries real soldiers have to endure for what they get paid. You should be ashamed of the way you behaved.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    On behalf of myself and all the other hard working tax payers of this fine city . I would like to thank the city council for standing up to the PBA union and those whining police officers who tried to exploit the death of one of their own for their own greedy benefit. A personal thanks to Councilman and fellow former Marine Joseph Caetano and John Dingfelder for leading the charge against government waste. We can now move forward. Sempter Fi
    You and the other hard working taxpayers can expect to never get another warning when pulled over for a traffic infraction!

I say if Tampa police officers think they are soldiers lets pay them what a soldier gets paid, they will really be whining.
    I made more in the military than I make at TPD. If you really were in the military (which I doubt you were), you would know that base pay means nothing. There's the housing allowance, subsistence allowance, clothing allowance, combat compensation, hazardous duty pay, etc. Then you have the free TRICARE insurance program, highly discounted goods at base exchanges, free tuition, and a pension that you don't have to pay into.

So go ahead and give us the pay and benefits that someone with our level of education and experience would make in the military, we'd gladly take it!

You and the other hard working taxpayers can expect to never get another warning when pulled over for a traffic infraction!
    That is the only thing that I will be doing that the chief will be happy about. I make MPO this year, and I WILL get my $7700 raise. If it has to be paid in overtime for court that is fine. The citizens of Tampa will have to get used to more tickets.

But as far as you bad guys are concerned, prepare for a much easier year. I absolutely refuse to chase anybody unless they've hurt cop. If I pull up on a S25 and the guy runs, I will not chase. I will do the report and that's it. Same with warrants and anything else. If you run I will not chase.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast