ARREST - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ARREST

Re: ARREST

I wish more cops understood what you said, but they don't..a lot of guys would stroke their OWN mother, because they have this belief that the law is the law and it's black & white. If you know anything about this job, that's its a shade of grey. If we don't protect our own, who will? The citizens? They can care less. I see some of these officers talk to these mopes in the street like they're BFF's..I'm sorry, if you're getting your ass kicked in the street, those same guys will keep it moving and won't help you...believe that. I'm all for treating people the way I want to be treated, but BLUE comes first...

Unhappy Re: ARREST

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Wow, even though I don't agree with name printing and or the cussing, I do agree with most of the posts that speak about discretion and watching our own. You are right, no one will watch over us but us. And this includes over our family members. This lady didn't kill anyone, assault anyone, rape anyone, rob anyone or beat anyone. She drove with a license suspended. There WOULD HAVE BEEN NOTHING WRONG WITH EDUCATING HER AND HAVING HER SON COME AND PICK HER UP SO SHE WOULDN'T GET INTO AN ACCIDENT IF SHE HAD DRIVEN OFF.

Being an officer doesn't mean that we have to ARREST , CITE, TOW all of the time. There are many of us that use DISCRETION because later on when we are trying to get information on the street about a homicide or any other violent crime involving the citizens or officers,, people will talk to us when they remembered we are human. There is nothing against the law by doing this. You can be an officer that makes 100 arrests a month on B.S. such as open container , driving while license suspended or other minor things and you could be missing the robbery one street over or the burglary in progress. To this officer that knew that this lady was a mother of an officer, if you did threaten to arrest her and continued to do so knowing that she was the mother of an officer and she didn't do anything to you or wasn't nasty, then you need to look at yourself and decide if Law Enforcement is the career for you. Something tells me that you might be the type of person that won't ever learn and you will probably do it again.
    This is so sad when a department of officers are out there only taking names and only taking people to jail. Ruining people lives. this so sad. Bad business.................

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345