Any hiring? Road or Jail?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any hiring? Road or Jail?

Any openings? I get out of active duty in a year. Looking to line something up for when I get out. I don't really care to hear anything negative, I just need a job and Monroe is an option for me on location. Thanks in advance.

Re: Any hiring? Road or Jail?

If your looking for something positive go to our web page and see what we have done and what this department is really about. http://www.keysso.net

Most of the post on this site are from disgruntled employees who should be thankful to have a job in law enforcement. They should remember, a leader is only as good as the men he leads.

Good luck in your career.

Any info on how long the process is? For both the road and the jails. I want to get things in order now so I don't have to suck up un-employment when I get out.

If you go to the web page there is a pre-employment application you can fill out. You can also contact human resource for all your questions. You can also find their number on the web page.

FCUK MONROE COUNTY. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GET OUT! OR GET SUCKED IN BY THE KISS ASS SHERIFF, WHO AGREED FOR NO RAISES FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    FCUK MONROE COUNTY. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GET OUT! OR GET SUCKED IN BY THE KISS ASS SHERIFF, WHO AGREED FOR NO RAISES FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS!
    Bro, if you're that unhappy it's time for you to go. I wish the department knew who you were so you could be eliminated from the others who do care. Pack your bags and leave. Do us all a favor. Your uniform would serve more of a purpose hanging in the supply room waiting for a recruit to graduate.

I've been to the website there's not much info on it. I plan on calling HR on tuesday after the holiday weekend is completely over.

I have a couple of specific questions if you all don't mind. Like I said the way the economy is looking and hiring is going I'm willing to take either road or jail (although road is my preference).

1. Pay? The site shows an FOP scale and a non Union scale. What is the starting pay during training and the starting pay upon graduation?

2. How's the tempo of work? I prefer to work than sitting in a car all day, so is there any action in Monroe? I'm a regular vistor of the Keys and I know certain places can get pretty wild so I'm curious.

3. SWAT? VICE? And if so how long is their any probationary period before being able to volunteer? Jail side ... any CERT time? And the same any wait period?

Keep on drinking the Kool-Aid, bro. It taste good doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by A positive view
    Bro, if you're that unhappy it's time for you to go. I wish the department knew who you were so you could be eliminated from the others who do care. Pack your bags and leave. Do us all a favor. Your uniform would serve more of a purpose hanging in the supply room waiting for a recruit to graduate.

this person is so angry they can't spell or type correctly. there is some serious anger
    issues going on and they are walking around out there with a gun.
    i don't think the psych eval is too good, i am thinking this person should never
    have been permitted to carry a weapon, or have other lives in their hands.
    if you are this disappointed the question is why don't you leave? maybe no one
    else would hire you with out experience so you had to start some where? hopefully
    you will be gone soon and we won't have to worry about you killing your squad,
    the office personnel or the sheriff !!! :shock:

[quote=A negative view]Keep on drinking the Kool-Aid, bro. It taste good doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by "A positive view":kjziaklu
    [/quote:kjziaklu]

We are always looking for applicants and good qualified persons. Don't let the few disgruntled employees on here keep you from applying here. Sheriff Peryam is trying to help his Deputies, but due to the FOP attacking him and his family through the media, they are keeping him from helping them. He went out of his way to raise 6 percent to help his deputies but the road Deputies Union (the FOP) just kept trying to strong arm him into more money. Regardless of what you think all that the FOP cared about the bottom line is making a bigger percentage increase than any other bargaining unit. I think all the FOP bargaining unit members would be better off spending their dues on a union that cares about its members then hiring a high priced attorney who all he does is file frivilous complaints and law suits against an administration that is trying to help their Deputies out. Remember the Sheriff and staff are not the enemy's, its probably your bargaining units tactics out there to make it look like your getting your monies worth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast