P.B.A. Members of Hallandale Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

P.B.A. Members of Hallandale Beach

MY ONLY QUESTION IS:
    ARE THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS HAPPY WITH THE WAY ALEX VERA AND GARY MCVEY ARE HANDLING "OUR" CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS? _____________ YES ________________ NO

FOLKS, WE ARE GOING TO GET NO WHERE WITH THESE TWO SITTING AT THE TABLE WITH THEIR PULL BEHIND MOUTH PIECE PUPPET FROM HOLLYWOOD.

FIRST OF ALL THEY'RE OUT OF THEIR LEAGUE AND MARANO WHO COULD CARE LESS ABOUT HALLANDALE IF THE TRUTH BE TOLD IS TELLING THESE TWO TO GO IN SWINGING. IT'S BEEN HEARD THAT MARANO LEAVES THE HALLANDALE PBA MEETINGS LAUGHING AND TELLING PEOPLE WHAT A JOKE THE CITY IS.

SECONDLY, THESE TWO ARE OUT FOR BLOOD INSTEAD OF MONEY AND THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE NEW GUYS, OR THE OLD GUYS THEY ONLY THINK FOR THEMSELVES. WHICH IS QUESTIONABLE BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO ASK JEFF MARANO EVERYTHING FIRST. THEY ARE TELLING US THAT "WE" NEED TO BE STRONG (YEAH FOR THEIR OWN AGENDAS) WHAT RESULT DID WE GET WITH THE "BIG" DEMONSTRATION OR ANY OTHER CIRCUS STUNT THESE TWO HAVE PULLED.

THESE ARE TOUGH TIMES FOR EVERYONE, YOU CAN'T EXPECT TO GET POSITIVE RESULTS WHEN YOU HAVE THESE TWO BOBBLE HEADS SCREAMING AND CARRYING ON WITH THE ONES WHO THEY NEED TO ASK THINGS FROM OR WORK A SETTLEMENT WITH. THE TRUTH BE KNOWN THE CITY MANAGER AND OTHERS ARE PROBABLY JUST GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS OF A MEETING, WHEN IN FACT THEY PROBABLY HAVE TUNED THEM OUT.

EVERYBODY IS ON THIS SITE *****ING ABOUT EVERYBODY ELSE WHY DON'T WE USE IT LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED FOR: PRODUCTIVE CRITICISM AND A WAY FOR EVERYONE TO BE HEARD AS MATURE ADULTS.

Re: P.B.A. Members of Hallandale Beach

How Moron'o' has managed to stay clear of indictments is proof alone that miracles happen. He is in thin disguise for the truth about the PBA.

Broward's dumping the PBA SO SHOULD WE!

I do not agree that we should dump the PBA. We do not have enough members to properly and efficiently fund an FOP and trust me...IUPA is a frickin' joke. We looked at IUPA about 7-10 years ago and believe me they were a joke. I have not heard if IUPA has improved over the years, but I can tell you that the members were not impressed with their presentation years ago. On the subject of our current representatives...we have elections to elect these positions. If you are unhappy with the current representatives, then nominate a different officer or sergeant when the next election comes around and vote that member into office. I am not saying that I agree with all that has been done with the tactics of negotiations during this current contract, however I am going to caution those who are quick to criticize...the job is not as easy as one would think. My suggestion to you would be to choose your nomination(s) wisely and vote for who you think would BEST represent you in contract negotiations and anything else that you may need the assistance of a representative.

ARE THERE MORE MEMBERS THAT FEEL THAT WE SHOULD LOOK INTO FOP? IF SO WE NEED TO TRY AND SALVAGE A CONTRACT FAST. I AGREE THAT WE SHOULD NOT BE FAST TO CRITICIZE, HOWEVER WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS HAS BEEN IGNORED LONG ENOUGH. IT WAS A HOPEFUL WISH THAT THESE TWO CLOWNS WOULD DO SOMETHING WORTH WHILE, HOWEVER IT NEVER HAPPENED. SGT. MICHEL IS A LAME DUCK, HE CAN'T GET ANYTHING DONE WITH DING & DONG RUNNING THE SHOW. RALPH MATIAS IS KEPT SO FAR OUT OF THE LOOP THAT HE HAS TO USE LONG DISTANCE TO REACH ONE OF THEM. BUT REMEMBER IN THEIR INFAMOUS WORDS, "WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER." THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT WE DO NEED TO STICK TOGETHER BUT FIRST WE NEED TO COME TOGETHER AS A SERIOUS BODY OF PROFESSIONALS WHO ARE MATURE AND WHO HAVE SOME REASON AND COMMON SENSE.

ALEX VERA STEP DOWN! GARY MCVEY STEP DOWN! SGT. MICHEL GROW A PAIR AND SHUT THESE GUYS DOWN.

MARANO SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP, BEFORE A LETTER GETS LEAKED OUT TO THE MEDIA.

If we switch union I think we should have FOP, IUPA, or whoever come out and give us a presentation so we can decide as a group which union would be best for us. It would be a mistake to just pick FOP or IUPA without conducting some sort of interview process or hearing our options. Who knows maybe after the presentations PBA may still be our best choice (I doubt it). We need to explore our options!

hey guys....our current PBA reps can only due so much as far as our contract negotiations. For those that have been involved in the negotiations over the past year and half, then you know they only tried to get a contract based upon what "we" rated as the priorities. Things started positive with the City Manager seemingly interested and willing....but we all know that it didn't progress as we would have wanted it to. So impasse it is. All we can do and let our reps do their job, stand united, and hope for a fair contract eventually. We all could use the raise but not at the expense of all the retirement benefits that we currently have. For those that went to the pension meeting, you know how important the 80% with final 2-year averaging, 2% COLA, 8% DROP forever.....and we also know how much it sucks for the newer officers that didn't get the same deal as the senior officers did reference their respective 5-year buyback.

We are in a tough situation but pointing fingers at the current reps is not the answer!! Changing to a different union may or may not be a good thing. Due your homework, compare apples to apples. I was also here when IOUPA did their presentation a few years back and we decided against them. Someone made a good comment about the FOP already. We could always explore our options.....

Hang in there all.......

If any member is that upset with our current PBA reps then run for the position in June. The problem is you all like to throw rocks and then hide when they come looking. Put yourselves out there and make a difference. If not shut the F*Uc up. Someone asked Gary and Alex to turn in their resignation letter, what if they did? what the hell would you do? You would just sit there quiet and wait for someone to step up.

Two of the three deal with most of the crap, such as detail sign up and meeting with vendors. It is a lot of work and they barely get anything in return but grief from you arseholes. If you do not agree with the tactics bring it up in the next meeting. Remember the whole body runs the union the reps are just the faces. I remember in the meeting Gary and Alex wanted to settle for the one year contract and the majority said no, so it was no. They did not go in and say yes behind our backs. Many members believe it was a mistake but the majority ruled and we have to live with it.

This site is usually a good place to voice your opinion without the fear of being attacked by administration, However topics like this should not be discussed on this site. All that is accomplished by airing out your opinion here, is informing the city that their tactic is working. We need to stand strong, now more than ever and if you have a problem take it to the reps. I have brought my opinion to them several times and have yet to have it bite me in the a$$. I feel WE have exceptional reps who do not take criticism personal and who can relate to our frustrations. With this in mind I expect to see this topic end here and any further information on the perception of our reps and union to be taken up with them directly. Lets stop giving our opponent ammunition. Take care All.

SAME CIRCUS DIFFERENT ANIMALS.
    HBPD HAS ALWAYS HAD PROBLEMS WITH CONTRACT ISSUES, AND ITS NOT THE PBA'S FAULT.
    YOU CANT EVEN GET A SHIFT TO AGREE ON ONE THING LET ALONE THE 90 SOME OFFICERS.
    HOW MANY SHOWING UP AT MEETINGS??? THE SAME 20 AS USUAL???
    SO LONG AS CURRENT COMMISSION AND COMMAND STAFF ARE AT THE HELM...
    IT WILL NEVER CHANGE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast