22 Votes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22 Votes

22 Votes

The agency is completely divided and the administration doesnt care. It will pass next time. Yes there will be a next time.

Re: 22 Votes

i guess this means that it is not over...

Ummm, it was a heck of a lot more than 22 votes.
    Oh, you mean you need to lie and intimidate to 22 deputies to get them to vote for the union...I see...
    Why waste the money? Why not put your efforts into your JOB that we taxpayers pay for instead of griping that you didn't get a raise? Look at how many people, including UNION represented FIREFIGHTERS have lost their jobs. Look at law enforcement agencies (including FDLE) that have had to lay off and fire people because of the economy. Grow up and get on with life and doing your JOB. What a novel idea.

Let Me see' You were showed the numbers, saw the xamples of collective barganning nad you red necks stilll voted against the PBA. DAH"" I guess you will continue living in trailers in suncoast or Lehigh. I am a Local City uy with 8 yrs on the job and from the east coast. I have already made $82.000 so far this year but you dont care about that RIGHT"" wake up fools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't count?
    Oh, you mean you need to lie and intimidate to 22 deputies to get them to vote for the union...I see...
    Why waste the money? Why not put your efforts into your JOB that we taxpayers pay for instead of griping that you didn't get a raise? Look at how many people, including UNION represented FIREFIGHTERS have lost their jobs. Look at law enforcement agencies (including FDLE) that have had to lay off and fire people because of the economy. Grow up and get on with life and doing your JOB. What a novel idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 02
    i guess this means that it is not over...
    No it is not, We will win the next time after the Sheriff is in JAIL or screws over us again as he always does. Mikey forgot where he came from. That is to bad for him because he will never be Sheriff here again.

Quote Originally Posted by Can't count?
    Clearly you are a member of management Mr. Can't Count. 22 Votes would have meant that the union would have passed. Perhaps this is why an analyst who giggles all day before deciding where she goes to lunch is making more than a Deputy Sheriff because mangaement just can't count. Mr. Cant Count, can you say that there is equallity in pay in this agency within the rank of Deputy? Can you say that it is fair that raises were doled out to civilians and the chosen few when there were constant cries of being poor? Can you say that the promotional process is fair....oh wait...you have been promoted so you must be blowing someone. See you next time goof!

maybe next time you guys that want the union, can make it more fair...bring in FOP...I would have voted for them... never PBA... alot of others feel the same way... there is others that we can bring in to help protect the people on the bottom of this agency... I would have voted yes...along as the PBA is out of the scene...

Well, the union is a no go for us now, until next year. Interesting to see if FOP comes in and tries. Anyway after reading the NP it seems the PBA will be pursuing the Sgt's and Lt's per Cecil. Wouldn't that be odd, they vote and it passes, midmanagement gets a union contract, gets their benefits guaranteed and we get stuck on the bench only to sit idly by and watch waiting for our next screwing or tall tale.

HA! It's official...

Mike Scott,

The World Is Yours

It is my opinion, and my opinion only, that BG and KC should be commended for having the guts to stand up and try to bring change to the agency. This vote was simply not about having the PBA as a bargaining agent, but putting protections in place for what we currently have. A lot of deputies probably voted for the negative, simply because of the "fear" of losing benefits, equipment, etc. What protection is in place now to stop the administration from doing any changes period. Perhaps, if the vote had been in the affirmative, a contract could have been written that would have prohibited the loss of certain benefits and or “employment perks”. Let’s hope things remain status quo and the sheriff adheres to the level of professionalism he tries to present, and not go on any type of vendetta. It is very unfortunate and a travesty at how politics can change a person from the past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast