A thank you to the Collier County S.O. hockey players!

A thank you to the Collier County S.O. hockey players!

wanted to take the time to thank the members of the Collier County S.O. Hockey team that helped make The 1st Annual Cpl. Michael Roberts Charity Hockey Tournament a success this weekend. These officers basically donated their weekend to play in a two day tournament in New Port Richey, FL to honor Cpl. Mike Roberts and in doing so helped raise a considerable amount of money for Mike's family. Other law enforcement teams from Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa Police Department, Sarasota County S.O., Pasco County S.O., Hernando County S.O. and Tampa Fire Rescue also participated and showed the brotherhood that STILL exists amongst us. Too often this website is used for negative postings and rants that we need to remember the "blue line" (and red line) that unites us. Please take some time and personally thank the above mentioned officers for their service and dedication. As a relatively new Tampa Police Officer, I worked on this tournament for months but without the help of them there is no way this tournament would have succeeded. Thank you to my brothers and sisters in green and please know that you have a friend in Tampa that is eternally grateful and should you need anything from me don't hesitate to call.

Officer Kenny Petrillo
    Tampa Police Department

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Re: A thank you to the Collier County S.O. hockey players!

Thanks Kenny for your hard work with this function and for taking the time to make this post. You are also right in that too many times these forums are used to spread negative news and not the positive news; your contribution is appreciated!!

Mod 167