Finally
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally

Finally

http://www.nbc-2.com/global/story.asp?s=11459968

When's his dad resigning? Tell me daddy didn't know.

Re: Finally

they invited every leo in fl, but Petrovich to the press event tues, couldn't have been accidental.

can't be a good time for any concerned, everyone gets what's coming. reality set in for Stevie, whens someone

gonna help Jimmy to do the right thing

Oh No! who is gonna coach the powder puff football team and screw the married players now?

Who is going to open the gates of Sandoval for GL when he is gone?

I heard she is kissing JL butt and wants back in.

Okay - I have to say it.

I don't work for the CCPD anymore. I missed it when I left, but I went on to work in LE in CA. I miss the good people who work there and I know that they are solid and I believe that eventually, bad guys get caught. It's just how it works. It's unfortunate that this has negatively impacted the department.

Here's some reality -

Petrovich bragged that he failed an academy test and was passed through anyway because of his last name. Those of us who spent all of our time studying and passed legitimately were furious. I feel bad for the couple of guys who legitimately failed out. They should have gotten another chance too.
    He said that he wanted to be first out of the academy to shoot someone. We were shocked that he'd say this out loud and still pass a psychological.
    When we were sworn in, the announcer said that Petrovich was attending college (because an AA was a requirement for hire). He had not even registered. I asked him "how are those classes going" because it was BS. He told me to shut-up. Again, I was incredulous that this happened. I was learning that this was how things worked.
    He was first to be promoted to full-time (and bragged to his class that it was because his dad was LT). I was told to keep my mouth shut when I complained (just like I was ignored when I expressed by concerns that JP Murphy was a danger and a liability to the department).
    I think Steve was first out of his class to hit a tree with his car.
    And now, he's first to resign under questionable circumstances.

This could have all been handled back in the academy when he was passed through regardless of getting that below 80 score on one of the tests. When I resigned, I said it was for personal reasons because I wanted to continue to work in law enforcement somewhere else and because my husband had been diagnosed with skin cancer and I needed the benefits so I couldn't wait around for someone to promote me because of my name or because who I was related to or should have slept with. I thought I was doing it the right way. I worked my ass off and got higher scores, etc. so I could be passed up by a snot nosed LT's kid who had to take one of my felony arrests because he didn't have enough of his own during training. I remember that he even had to get help because he couldn't qualify at our first time at the range. Why? Because he didn't put in the time to practice because he didn't have to. I'd been told enough times not to speak unless I was spoken to. At least on one occasion I was told that because I complained about Murphy I might have to watch my back. I was fortunate enough to get nightly harassment from John ****man who "took me under his wing" because he wanted to weed people out. After leaving, I heard that people said it was because I had problems and wasn't doing well as a new officer. And amazingly enough, I wasn't surprised that this is how it went. Why give me any credibility when I knew that much, right? I was disappointed, never disgruntled, and my experiences in law enforcement have been great ever since. At the time that I resigned, Phelps wanted me to file a formal complaint. I had guys stop by the house to suggest the same. I should have done it, but after everything I didn't think it would do any good. I really just needed the benefits to take care of my family. That came first.

So now, after my experience in law enforcement in two states and around 12 years in college I made a career switch and I am not worried about saying anything because it is what it is and I'm solid where I am (promoted the right way when there's not a corrupt system). Regardless of what a few bad people have done to the reputations of the CCPD, there are good individuals who will rise above this. I just hope someone cleans house starting with the chief.

Needless to say, Steve has some justice coming.

Good luck to those of you for whom I have nothing but respect (you know who you are).

Be safe.

Brenda

Brenda, well said. I wish I could have met you and worked with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I heard she is kissing JL butt and wants back in.

Jack dont do it. :arrow:

Wow Brenda that was great.
    Hey Brenda don't date the customers its never a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by no name
    Wow Brenda that was great.
    Hey Brenda don't date the customers its never a good thing.
    That's what I've heard. I'm still married to the same guy so fortunately no dating for me. : )

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast