Gray-Legged Cry babies - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Gray-Legged Cry babies

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Don't hold your breath. It's a lot easier to be a lazy redneck than a proactive law enforcement officer.
    It's also a lot easier to sit back and piss and moan about everything and everyone like you G-L C Babies have for over 10 years. Did I hear a baby crying ? Still waiting for something from our new command, aren't you ???? You big mouth a**es crack me up. Talk to ya later.

Keep your skirt on Game Warden. The changes are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by guest 9000
    Keep your skirt on Game Warden. The changes are coming.
    Thanks for the G.W. compliment. As to the skirt, was your FMP Major Ron wearing one when he molested those little boys ? F0ck you. Yeah, change is coming but what kind of changes and in what decade ?

You guys crack me up. Don't you know that anyone who climbs to upper management has, by then, consumed so much of the company kool aid that they are incapable/unable to make any significant change? They have long since forgotten what field work is all about and are bound by politics. The grey leg/FMP and redneck/GFC comments are laughable too. Many of the officers posting these remarks were probably in high school when the merger took place. It's been ten years.

Having worked for FMP, I can tell you that it was once a proud, well respected agency. Major Ron was a scumbag and certainly not representive of the agency as a whole. I worked with many of the most dedicated and knowledgeable officers of the FMP. I also worked with some of the finest game wardens GFC had to offer, the Everglades Law Men so many of you aspire to be. Before the merger, their fuel restrictions were sometimes tight. So, they would come out and ride with me on water patrol. In return, they took me on airboat patrol and taught me a little about hunting. Most of the time, we were chasing the same poachers, whether it was in the woods or in the water. My Lt. for my final years, a 30 year GFC veteran, was one of the finest men I've known.

Most of the veterans of both agencies are mostly gone now. They took with them, decades of experience and institutional knowledge. Many of todays incoming officers have FTO's that are barely off probation. They stay a few years and leave before becoming truly proficient wildlife officers. They come on here and hurl insults at each other.

If you want your careers, and your agency, to live up to your expectations, you need to stop throwing stones and join hands. Only with UNITY will you ever have any strength. Only as one can you fight for the change you need.

You guys crack me up. Don't you know that anyone who climbs to upper management has, by then, consumed so much of the company kool aid that they are incapable/unable to make any significant change? They have long since forgotten what field work is all about and are bound by politics. The grey leg/FMP and redneck/GFC comments are laughable too. Many of the officers posting these remarks were probably in high school when the merger took place. It's been ten years.

Having worked for FMP, I can tell you that it was once a proud, well respected agency. Major Ron was a scumbag and certainly not representive of the agency as a whole. I worked with many of the most dedicated and knowledgeable officers of the FMP. I also worked with some of the finest game wardens GFC had to offer, the Everglades Law Men so many of you aspire to be. Before the merger, their fuel restrictions were sometimes tight. So, they would come out and ride with me on water patrol. In return, they took me on airboat patrol and taught me a little about hunting. Most of the time, we were chasing the same poachers, whether it was in the woods or in the water. My Lt. for my final years, a 30 year GFC veteran, was one of the finest men I've known.

Most of the veterans of both agencies are mostly gone now. They took with them, decades of experience and institutional knowledge. Many of todays incoming officers have FTO's that are barely off probation. They stay a few years and leave before becoming truly proficient wildlife officers. They come on here and hurl insults at each other.

If you want your careers, and your agency, to live up to your expectations, you need to stop throwing stones and join hands. Only with UNITY will you ever have any strength. Only as one can you fight for the change you need.
    VERY WELL SAID!

Member LEO Affairs Detective

Great post!

You are correct, for your experience. You were accepted by your ex-GFC supervisor, as it should be. For those of us who ended up working for ex-FMP who refused to change or accept the fact that the GFC was on top it was different and still is . I understand the negitivity of some of these posts and I've been around nearly 30 years myself.

Could it be your perception that "GFC is on top" may have fed some of the animosity? It was a merger not a takeover, right? I'm sure that your argument could be made by members of both former agencies. I saw it myself. The problem is that your complaints are feeding a division among officers that have only been FWC. I understand what you're saying but, where does it stop?

Could it be your perception that "GFC is on top" may have fed some of the animosity? It was a merger not a takeover, right? I'm sure that your argument could be made by members of both former agencies. I saw it myself. The problem is that your complaints are feeding a division among officers that have only been FWC. I understand what you're saying but, where does it stop?
    OK, I'll make this simple so even the dullish out there can grasp it. For all you newbies, and all you ex-FMP, here is a little history. On July 1, 1999, the FWC Division of L.E. came into being. The Col. was GFC Col. Edwards, the Lt. Col.s were Hopkins and Hoover both GFC. The Headquarters was at the Bryant Building, which was GFC's Headquarters. We went to Regions (GFC) instead of districts (FMP). We when to pay every 2 weeks (GFC) instead of monthly (FMP). A rather incredible side note is that when that pay change was annouced some dumb a** ex-FMP offically complainted about getting their pay earlier. The GFC regional officers became FWC's regional offices. The GFC was a consitutional agency, guess what, FWC is a consitutional agency.

I could go on, but why ? Does any thinking person out ther think for one minute that GFC was not on top of the merger ?? Perception your G.L.C. Baby a**.

And how's that worked out for you? How long has it been since you had a raise? How's the morale? Who's on top now? The fact that the officers are still divided speaks volumes about how well everything was handled (by both sides).

Historybuff, maybe you're familiar with this one: "those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it" -Winston Churchill

You can trash about FMP all you want. I've been gone for a while. You're not hurting me, only yourself. All of you need to stop talking trash about each other, so you can all move forward. Its been ten years!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast