Get Together

Thread: Get Together

Get Together

As a Sheriff's Office we need to get together. In one of the other posts a jailer complained about not getting respect. Earn some respect by uniting as many people in the jail and join the FOP. The same goes for patrol, CID, the courthouse, and all of the specialized units. Until the command staff and the admistration see united, they will never take us seriously.

Re: Get Together

If change is what you want, then stop being scared of retaliation & Stand up for yourself!!! You are a professional and its time you were treated like one... Im sick and tired of hearing people whine, yet nobody will stand-up for their rights. I agreee that we need to unite on all levels... Become unified and stand-up to fight corruption... Until we stand together we will not be respected or listened too... Its time for change & that change starts with every employee, this is our agency and we are the ones who can effect change. So put away your fear and fight for what you deserve!!! RESPECT, HONOR, & QUALIFIED LEADERSHIP!!!!!!! :cop:

Dear sick and tired. That sounds good in concept, however most people do not want to publicly fight for our rights out of fear of retribution. I think people are scared to even put suggestions into the "comment" boxes placed everywhere. It would not surprise me if there were cameras watching those boxes just to see who dares.

If you publicly fight for your rights at any Georgia sheriff's office you will NEVER have any sort of a career and will be pushed out. The FOP has no power in GA. In Florida they have real unions that protect officers/deputies. They have a real contract and a Sheriff cant to do ANYTHING in violation of said contract. If he tries he goes to federal court and looses, and the union pays for it all.