Roll Call / Chiefs

Roll Call / Chiefs

The Chiefs came to roll call and briefed us on the new deployment. They described their fision of the future of TPD. The entire time they were talking I kept thinking...."These are the two people who FOUGHT against me getting me my raise. These are the two who want to take my shift bid from me. Bennett is the guy who tried to make almost his entire district "protected slots". Castor has enjoyed her reputation and nickname as "THE HAMMER". Her track record of being inflexible in discipline is well documented. I kept think that they have risen to the top by our work....and it kept coming back to me....they fought against us getting our raise. Had they sat quietly and been minions...I would somewhat understand...but they didnt they campaigned against you and I.

Now they want me to help them with their new ideas and want us to work harder in patrol with even less than we have now.

KISS MY ARSE. I for one am not doing it.

Re: Roll Call / Chiefs

They are your boss, but who you really work for are the citizens of Tampa. Maybe the Pasco, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Deputies who are under paid will take the same approach. When your family is the victim remember its "ok" because you did not get your raise.

Just wait you have not seen nothing yet

Let it burn.

I retired almost 2 yrs. ago. Due to some travel, I have been in and out of touch with a few people over the current situation and all of these sudden proposed changes. What happened to the power of the PBA?
    I'm not politically motivated here, however it's extremely noticeable that our new president (Obama) and his staff seem to be bypassing our rights and making all of these sudden changes as well..
    Maybe this is the new Trend for government management, just do what you want until they take it to court.
    This trend is working for them at TPD! Those who stand up and support the PBA and an officers rights are looked upon as having a bad attitude, similar to the people that protest govt. healthcare.
    Once again Govt. Management is making the change, then sitting back waiting to identify those who say "this goes against the contract, our contract" so they can deal with the Small group of people who speak up. Even though the majority feels the same way, the majority will be like a heard of cattle. They will go where they are told and do what they are told, even if it goes against the contract or constitution!
    If you are the management you will make the changes and wait to see what happens! If you are in support of your contract and in the PBA, you should hold your ground! If you are the cattle just do what your told and dont complain, because you cant be one of the cattle and hold your ground.
    Remember management has already made changes, and they seem to be holding their ground (no step increases, looking to change the schedule and shift bid positions, etc.) What have you done?
    I'm glad I retired or I would be the guy looked at as having the bad attitude.

I keep seeing posts that say the Chief's are against the Step Plan or pay raises. I have been to every negotiation and hearing and no chief has said anything negative about the Step Plan. In fact I know that Chief Bennett and Hamlin both support the Step Plan. Chief Castor has said that the City cannot afford it. We believe they can and I have expressed that to her personally. She has not voiced any opposition to the Step Plan that I know of.

Bottom line, I believe all of the brass are supporting us on this issue and that is a good thing. Based on their at will positions I think they are saying what they need to and doing what they should be doing. So far, this administration has been a complete change from the last one with communication and a willingness to sit down and tallk out issues. It is refreshing and positive. If that changes I will be the first person to say so.

Our brief and the City's brief were turned in yesterday to the Special Magistrate. They are both posted on our web page http://www.tampapba.org Please take a look. It amazes me how little the City's attorney respects any of our positions. It is a shame how our hard work and sacrifice are recieved and I for one do not like it, but we do this job for the citizens of Tampa, not some ill mannered attorney.

In the coming weeks we need to be ready to be at City Council to look them in the eye and ask them what our 53% crime reduction is really worth to them. I for one remain very optimistic about our outcome and you should too.

As always, call the PBA with questions or rumor control and we will tell you what is real and what is not.

Thank you again for the opportunity to serve you all.

Greg

If you go out and bust your butt for the city, after what the city is trying to do to you, you need therapy. Masochistic tendencies can be be treated with psychiatric help. Do what you need to do to keep your job, but not what they ask you to do to help them keep theirs. But always work with a smile on your face so they think you are doing your best.

Dear PBA president,

If the Chief really cares and is on our side she would go tell the mayor that she is being misinformed, that the step plan is cost neutral, vacation days don't cost anything because we don't fill those slots when officers are off, our street officers really are not trained very well as stated by my A/ Chief at the special hearing, in fact I joke about how little training they get. I'm dying to know, if she is so supportive why is there such a breakdown between the city bean counters and reality. Really what is she saying? I know what officers are saying and this place is pretty deflated right now and raping our contract is going to sink moral. What is staff going to use as the carrot next year? They are dening very basic request and staff members are testifying against are benefits, yet we are told they support us???