Preston H Colby

Thread: Preston H Colby

Preston H Colby

Why is it everyone entertains this man?

Re: Preston H Colby

Beats me. He is smart enough to request public records he knows he should be able to get. Then if he doesn't get them immediately he wants them arrested. I keep hearing he is a convicted felon. If that is true then he strikes me as an extreme example of a felon that wants to make the rest of the world pay for his miserable existence. He probably spent all of th time behind bars in the legal library researching sun shine laws as well as other ways to make society pay for his mistakes.
    He also either has either the largest ego ever or is just plain <cookoo> I man come on.....Captain Preston Colby ? Captain of what exactly LOL.

I have heard that he is extremely rude. I also want to know what he is "Captain" of. Does he work or just harass county employees.

Although I know none of you will do this, without a legitimate purpose, but dont let your wanders overcome you. His 43/is flagged like you wouldnt believe so dont try to find anything more about him than what you may get someone to talk about. Enough said. Leave it as is if you like your job without added bs and stress.

I guess his full time 'job' now is trying to get income from lawsuits. He also has an almost paranoid hatred and distrust of county government for some reason. Another thing he tries to do is get work contracts with the county and city by proving that they did something wrong and he wants to be hired to do it 'right.' He deliberately bombards the county with massive amounts of public records requests, so much so that I don't see how he has time to examine all these documents once he gets them. I don't have any issue with that, but what gets me about this guy is his nasty attitude when dealing with records clerks. He's been trespassed from certain courthouse offices in the past for being so rude and threatening when he comes in. He berates the clerks, calling them stupid, yelling at them to hurry up, not to read or look at whatever they're copying for him, etc. He deliberately tries to bait them into either bursting into tears or losing their temper with him. He won't leave until one or the other happens. If they cry, well, that just makes his day. If they lose their temper, he's even happier because he'll either sue or try to get them fired. He'll snatch papers out of their hands and stuff, but let someone sling some papers onto a countertop and have them hit him--he'll file a battery complaint. I had to deal with him on the phone once a few years ago, and he was nasty from the get-go, for no reason at all. I don't see why everyone seems so afraid of him. He wants to come across as intimidating and scary, which is fine, but there's no excuse for him treating county employees like he does. And the whole 'captain' thing--funny. I think this 'Florida Public Safety' thing he claims to be captain of is something he made up. When the local paper asked him about it recently, he went off on the reporter and told him it was none of his business. So it means basically the same thing as Captain Crunch or Captain Kangaroo. And what a previous poster said is true, his info IS flagged.

Unregistered

A real Captain

Check out his law suit against PADI in 1985 and many there after