Hazardous Duty

Thread: Hazardous Duty

Hazardous Duty

Lets hear it!! :shock:

Re: Hazardous Duty

Several of the newly hired officers here at KSU were assured at the time of hire that hazardous duty had already been approved and was only held up by some wording in the paperwork. After several months, others who had been here a while stated they had been told the same a year ago. There doesn't seem to be any improvement on this matter and no straight answers are being given. Many of the officers enjoy working at KSU but are having to look for other employment that offers hazardous due to the time they already have invested in it. We all just need a straight answer of whether or not we are getting it and a deadline set. Also will it be retro to start when we were hired or will it be from the time it is approved.

Well I think they are being held up still by the administration of the university or some outside source. I would hope that it would be retro back to the day we were hired or to the time they said it would be approved. Of course it is being overlooked because of the money issues. We all need answers to questions but it is a matter of getting them. I have no solution to finding this out other than we keep asking till we are told to shut up about it.

I think everyone just wants a straight answer. If it has been cancelled so be it. Tell everyone and lets move on. Kentucky Retirement Systems knows nothing about KSUP going to Hazardous and no new appilcation has been submitted for such per KRS.

if the retirement people do not even show us with an application for it then perhaps it is not going to happen. I thought at one time we were supposed to have been in the system and we were waiting on the university to just approve it, and then I thought we were waiting on something with the state. You are right we just need to get a straight answer from somewhere if we are not going to be in the hazardous then lets find out and move on.

Hopefully this will be addressed at the department meeting.