Smile. You are on candid camera!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Smile. You are on candid camera!

WTF is up with the chief putting cameras in the IA conference room? This morning the DC throwing CN under the bus. Dang Bill. Was that payback for the chief yelling at u at the Tavss shooting?

Re: Smile. You are on candid camera!

WTG Gus. Don't let the stuttering fool take the credit.

WHAT? No money to pay FTO's but plenty for spy equipment to get us in a jackpot.

True leadership at its best. NOT!

Does the chief know what the F is going on in his own department?

This is the most outrages violation of the policeman "Bill of Rights" I have heard being committed by a major police department.
    Did the Officer who discovered this camera report the incident to a supervisor?
    Did he notify FDLE and or the FBI for State and Federal Violations?
    Our chief claims he did not have knowledge of the cameras. Is our Chief conducting an investigation and is he consulting with the City Attorney's office and the Dade-County States Attorney on this matter.
    Why has the commander of the IA unit not bin placed on pay leave, pending a criminal investigation?
    If these steps have not been taken, our FOP has an obligation, morally and legally to bring this to light!

Shame on every Sgt. and Commander who has worked in IA and was aware of these interviews being recorded with a covert camera. You are liable as well for not coming forward when an obvious violation of State and Federal law was committed. Who was policing you? I hope this serious breach of law is investigated and those at fault held responsible for their illegal acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shame
    Shame on every Sgt. and Commander who has worked in IA and was aware of these interviews being recorded with a covert camera. You are liable as well for not coming forward when an obvious violation of State and Federal law was committed. Who was policing you? I hope this serious breach of law is investigated and those at fault held responsible for their illegal acts.
    That commander was and sergeant were at the old city hall not the NESS. CN fuxed up and he is desperately looking for someone to blame but himself.

The chief claims that he did not know. Either A he's lying or B hes clueless on what is going on in his own police department and a unit that is out of his own office.

The chief claims that he did not know. Either A he's lying or B he’s clueless on what is going on in his own police Department and a unit that is out of his own office.

FYI. IA Units order surveillance equipment all the time. There’s a difference on ordering surveillance equipment to conduct investigations. Installing them permanently in an interview room were attorneys and officers discuss their cases is a whole different story.

Shame on everyone who knew that there was a surveillance camera in IA. The chief needs to accept responsibility and stop trying to divert attention from what will inevitably be found out anyway.

The chief should have known this.

Words of the day: Vicarious Responsibility

I am not too familiar with the Officer's Bill of Rights and Felony criminal violations, so can anyone please enlighten me.
    -I know if a Officer is undervestigation and the complaintant is video, audio, etc. the Officer has the right to ALL recordings before he/she gives his side (has this been done/taped by this type of camera and/violated?)
    -Has any Officer been recorded and not told? (are threre tapes/cds/etc somewhere?) may claim camera only there for non-Officers.

Makes you wonder if there are any other hidden cameras throughout the station. Hmm.........

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast