HIRING
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HIRING

HIRING

I recently applied for the open position of airport police officer. What is the time frame of being hired.

What is the overall job like working in the airport and opportunities for advancement and to move around.

Thanks

Re: HIRING

It is like any other department there is good and bad. There is no perfect place to work it is what you make it and at the airport you are watched almost every place you go, in other words you are on camera all the time. It is not like working the street and some guys end up leaving for that reason. It part customer service and part LEO, along with are own mayor ( the head man of the airport Mr. Miller) and the police chief.

How long does it take to get hired depends on many issues one being your background check there will be no stone on turned. It also depends on your interview and how you answer the questions and if they think you will make a good fit to the department, it is not for all LEO's.

Promotions depend on how well you test, who is your friend, and if there is an opening. Just like any other department, the grass is not greener on the other side if your looking for some perfect place to work and if you find one let me know.

Thanks for the information. two other questions that I thought of.

How many positions are looking to be filled?

What shifts do you have, any overtime available, can you start higher than the starting salary with experience or any step or pay increases based on merit and longevity.

I appreciate it very much, looking for just basic information.

No step program! Your pay only will increase if the airport "mayor Mr.Miller" decides that you need more pay. Right now we are not getting any increase in pay with the current market. Like I told you this is not like any other department your job is customer service than police work.

Three positions, overtime is given, however they are holding it back with the current market. The rest you will have to ask about concerning your experience with pay, it been to long ago for me on that one.

If I were go take a walk at the airport and look around and think about what you maybe getting into and like I told you before the grass is not greener on the other side. It is just a place to work and maybe if you can get promoted if your what they are looking for or fit into the click.

Example they just promoted a man to corporal with ONLY about 2 years of police experience, however he does play golf with the Chief! His last job was a computer geek! About two weeks ago he let a man steel a vehicle right in front of him! After interviewing him and never running a 29 or 28 on the guy. He waited for some poor soul to drive up and drop off someone off and he jumped into the vehicle and drove away. I guess with 2 years on he just forgot to run a subject when making contact.

How long does the hiring process take with the department? How fast are they looking to fill the positions?

How do the shifts run?

Thanks for the answers. I know all to well that the grass is not greener on the other side, have 11 years of experience and know how the field of law enforcement works.

thanks for the info very much.

How long does the hiring process take with the department? How fast are they looking to fill the positions?

How do the shifts run?

Any updates on Hiring Status? Have interviews been scheduled yet? how long is the hiring procesS?

Tampa airport got their own police...what the...

Quote Originally Posted by TIA
    Any updates on Hiring Status? Have interviews been scheduled yet? how long is the hiring procesS?
    Are there any interviews set?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast