Patches - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patches

Re: Patches

Dude, you guys can't even handle the trucks and you want to do drug interdiction (not cmv) and stop cars for anything else. Once you get your own primary duties out of the way and under control, start with something else. By your own admission, you are short handed. Well concentrate on what you are in place to do...TRUCKS. Geez, it isn't that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Dude, you guys can't even handle the trucks and you want to do drug interdiction (not cmv) and stop cars for anything else. Once you get your own primary duties out of the way and under control, start with something else. By your own admission, you are short handed. Well concentrate on what you are in place to do...TRUCKS. Geez, it isn't that difficult.
    Jealousy is in fact an ugly emotion.....DUDE :snicker:

Wow, what a profound post. This poster is the next Director in training.

[quote=Isn't it time for you to retire?]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Sick and Tired":2xgkl36q
    You guys kill me... Does anyone really think a "patch" is going to make a difference? I mean, come on. The Colonels can stamp STATE POLICE on our foreheads in bright green lettters and we still won't get any more respect than we do now. These pitifuy attempts to "define" ourselves as Law Enforcement Officers will NEVER SUCCEED until our supervisors stop attacking officers for stopping a car that passed them doing 20 miles over the speed limit. Or chastise an officer for doing a physical arrest for misdemeanor traffic violations. We all know the authority that our agency has and so do the truck drivers. When is the last time you had a truck driver ask who you are or what you do? Probably never. . . Obviously they are not the ones we need to educate, it is the rest of the motoring public. The only way to project "State Law Enforcement" to the public is to allow your officers to ENFORCE STATE LAWS. Until that happens, we are all just spinning our wheels. . . That is all :cop:
    I agree you need to enforce the State laws, but what you fail to mention is YOU NEED TO ENFORCE THEM ON COMMERCIAL VEHICLES. They are enough of a problem out here that if you were doing your job, you would be 10-50 with trucks most of the day. Why are you so adverse to doing what your PRIMARY MISSION is????????? Truckers know who you are and you know what needs to be done with the CMVs so quit worrying about that the public thinks about you and FULFILL YOUR PRIMARY MISSION. Don't be a bunch of wanna be Troopers or Deputies, be what YOU SIGNED ON TO BE. Slow the big trucks down by enforcing the speeding violations; make our roads cleaner by enforcing the cover laws on dump trucks; weigh the trucks and make money for your department. Quit worrying about looking or acting like a Trooper. NOW...THAT IS ALL.
    I am tired of hearing this broken record from certain people in Tallahassee. I can almost guarantee who wrote the above statement, I've heard the same crap come from his mouth. When will the members of our administration that cannot grow with this agency just go ahead and retire? Times change gentlemen, and it is time for you to change with them or hit the road. We are a state LAW ENFORCEMENT agency, and by design we are a TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT AGENCY. The last time I looked there are two state agencies tasked with the patrol of the state's highways and roadways.

This is the same type of person that will claim that the reason we don't get raises is because one of our officers stopped a member of the legislature for speeding. I'm sure it couldn't be the impression that our officers don't do anything because of the cars that speed by them, the stop signs and red lights ran in front of them, or the other myriad of violations that they see and don't feel they can do anything about. Stop trying to tie the hands of our officers that are more than capable of doing their inspections, weight and dimension enforcement, AND write citations for violations that they encounter. Just because it may take you forever to do an inspection or write a ticket, doesn't mean it takes all of us that long.

The only way for our officers to be treated and respected as law enforcement officers is to let them be law enforcement officers. That, or take that crap off of my car. Respect starts within our own agency, and there isn't any.

Oh yeah, and before you respond with the same tired crap of "ooooooh, merger.... scarey..." Think about it, who are you really trying to protect. It sure isn't those of us on the road. The only people that would be adversely affected in a merger would be our administration. Stop trying to protect your own jobs and do something for your officers for a change. In other words, if you can't respond with something other than the merger crap, or the "this is the way it has always been" don't even bother responding.[/quote:2xgkl36q]

I am a Trooper in South Florida. I have nothing but respect for you guys. I would like to merge with you all. Merging would give us an overall larger "presence" on the road and allow us Troopers to become better educated/trained on CMV enforcement.

When do we get the new patch?

Arrrrrr..You get a new patch when you lose an eye like me and a wooden leg to boot...ARRRRR..shiver me timbers & keep up the good work matey's..

When you're up to two packs of cigarettes a day and you admit you have a smoking problem.

Hey guys to all of you that complain about the salary or lack thereof. I wonder how many of you voted to have PBA as our representative. Since they have been back we have not seen one raise (except for FHP's 5% raise)or any improvements on any of our benefits. But I am sure that plenty of you are continuing to pay for the dues that accomplish nothing for you or our family. You want to give yourself a raise and help your family take the money and put it in deferred compensation thus getting more on your take home pay and save for the future. PBA has never accomplished anything for any of you and it never will. Oh and call your legislators and tell them you need a raise. Call them or write them and tell them about the inequities we have when it comes to working construction sites because of Florida Statute. Tell them that if they can change statute to exempt Farmers from certain requirements they can change the statute to allow us to work construction work. Frankly until you all take control of your circumstance and get active with your legislators to change laws that prohibit us from working construction sites and tell PBA to take a hike...years from now you will be exactly where you are now. In a financial abyss.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123