FWC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FWC

FWC

You guys ever work with any of the FWC guys. I was wondering what the relationship was like in N. Florida with those officers. We have a great working relationship with FWC down here. Considering a transfer in the future....just curious.

Re: FWC

FWC = Florida's Worst Cops

Thx for the reply. At least you identified them as cops.

If you think FWC has the worst cops, it is either because you are just ignorant to what they are all about, or one of them tagged you and you just have a bone to pick with the agency. My husband's brother is an FWC officer here in NE Florida. I never knew how great the FWC officers were until I had a relative that worked for them. I know of no other officer in the state who routinely makes such a wide range of arrests, citations, and warnings issued. Just in the 18 months since he's been my brother-in-law, he has made arrests for DUI, BUI, possession of marijuana, crack, drug paraphernalia, underage possession of alcohol, indecent exposure, careless driving, taking deer out of season, all the license violations, boating safety charges, over the limit charges, littering and dumping arrests, armed trespass, burglary of a conveyance, etc., etc. They cover more area, on the land, in the air, and on the water, than any other LEO in the state. Every agency in the state turns to the FWC when there is a need for disaster response or for assistance in a search. Why? Because the FWC has 4x4 trucks, ATVs, airplanes and helicopters, airboats, swamp buggies, small boats, huge offshore boats, and more. They do more with a few officers in each county than any other agency I've ever known. Again, you must be speaking from a point of ignorance if you don't respect what your brothers and sisters in the FWC do.

Quote Originally Posted by Taco Belle
    If you think FWC has the worst cops, it is either because you are just ignorant to what they are all about, or one of them tagged you and you just have a bone to pick with the agency. My husband's brother is an FWC officer here in NE Florida. I never knew how great the FWC officers were until I had a relative that worked for them. I know of no other officer in the state who routinely makes such a wide range of arrests, citations, and warnings issued. Just in the 18 months since he's been my brother-in-law, he has made arrests for DUI, BUI, possession of marijuana, crack, drug paraphernalia, underage possession of alcohol, indecent exposure, careless driving, taking deer out of season, all the license violations, boating safety charges, over the limit charges, littering and dumping arrests, armed trespass, burglary of a conveyance, etc., etc. They cover more area, on the land, in the air, and on the water, than any other LEO in the state. Every agency in the state turns to the FWC when there is a need for disaster response or for assistance in a search. Why? Because the FWC has 4x4 trucks, ATVs, airplanes and helicopters, airboats, swamp buggies, small boats, huge offshore boats, and more. They do more with a few officers in each county than any other agency I've ever known. Again, you must be speaking from a point of ignorance if you don't respect what your brothers and sisters in the FWC do.
    I think he was reading a job description for you, if not, he will be the colonel in no time. Officer of the year, nation, USA, North America. Busy 18 months. Consider the academy he should have gone through, he has done more in a year than most in five.

I'm not sure I followed that...maybe you can try again when you're not so tired. I think you were agreeing with me that the FWC officers are hard working and committed, and make an impressive variety of arrests. Thank you. I'm happy that we agree on that. I know the FWC officers in Alachua Co. think highly of the deputies there and I hope the feeling is mutual.

Why do morons come on here and ask about FWC? FWC- they don't make any money - they have horrible morale, and it will take you 10 plus years to get any county north of Lauderdale.

If living in a single wide w/ 3 other rookies in Key West b/c you dont make enough to pay rent on your own sounds like fun then by all means - sign up

You're not just wrong Cuz, you're WAY wrong! I've made a career with the FWC and doing quite well...thank you. I've never even considered leaving. I live in a two story house on 10 acres with a nice pool. No brag there, just trying to prove a point. The pay could be better, but if you make smart decisions and sacrifice in some areas, you can do just fine...I've proven that. Different strokes for different folks. It ain't for everybody, but for some if us there is nothing else in law enforcement that even compares.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You're not just wrong Cuz, you're WAY wrong! I've made a career with the FWC and doing quite well...thank you. I've never even considered leaving. I live in a two story house on 10 acres with a nice pool. No brag there, just trying to prove a point. The pay could be better, but if you make smart decisions and sacrifice in some areas, you can do just fine...I've proven that. Different strokes for different folks. It ain't for everybody, but for some if us there is nothing else in law enforcement that even compares.

And for those of us that actually went to college....FWC is a joke.

P.S. tell your wife to come up stairs and pleasure me when you're done watching the Cosby Show.

Wow! I can't believe you just cracked on another agency talking about college and stuff when you can't even spell Micanopy. The funny thing is you probably live in Micanopy. What college did you attend? So funny. I'm gonna go watch the Cosby Show and you go watch Baby Einstein videos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast