Police Chief Apps... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Police Chief Apps...

Quote Originally Posted by My Vote
    After re-reading the resumes of the 4 finalist, clearly the D.C. from Orlando's blows Holloway's resume out to sea. More professionally written, more hispanic outreach (what Clearwater is becoming) and didn't obtain his degree over the internet. This guy is a class act and would bring an entire new light to the department. OPD is an extremely professional organization and it seems he's had a hand in that this past decade.

Chief Bernal would be a great proven leader for this department. :!:
    Hi, I'm Deputy Chief Bernal, and I approved this message.

Hardly,

But clearly a blind man can see the difference in professionalism and experience between the two. Tony even admitted that he wants to continue Klein's way of leadership. Why? Because that's all he knows. That leadership quality is working so well now isn't it??

I've attended many a class OPD has put on for LEO's across the state. They've been nothing short of professional. Clearwater's hispanic population is growing (DUH!) and someone of his experience vs Tony's is completely a no brainer.

The Department's Financial future IS far more important issue than a police chief who's been in the position for 30 years. (A question was asked what the candidates thought was the biggest issue facing them - Bernal said finances - Tony noted the chief's tenure). In today's economic situation, again - a blind man can see what challenges are more important.

Yet, the dog and pony show will continue....

If think that highly of OPD and their current command staff, what's stopping you from getting on I-4 and heading east? I'm sure as soon as you just walk through their front doors they'll be thanking God that someone of your supreme intelligence decided to join their agency.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sky Ain't Fallin'
    If think that highly of OPD and their current command staff, what's stopping you from getting on I-4 and heading east? I'm sure as soon as you just walk through their front doors they'll be thanking God that someone of your supreme intelligence decided to join their agency.
    What the hell does that have to do with anything? What a time wasting comment. Oh, I see - if someone doesn't agree with you they should just leave CPD employ? Who died and left you in charge? Must be a member of Management. Typical reply. "If you don't like it here leave"

I merely pointed out the difference in vision, education, experience and professionalism between the two. I also pointed out that Holloway admits he wants to keep up with the "Sid Klein School of Management" as he believes it's working so well here. This is what YOU want? Oh wait, you're a graduate of that school.

New guy from a professional organization (Not the 24 man department) with vision and community out reach...it's a no brainer - Oh wait, this is a money wasting/fixed appointment I forgot. Here I was thinking it was a professional and ethical process. My Bad..

Quote Originally Posted by My Vote
    I merely pointed out the difference in vision, education, experience and professionalism between the two. I also pointed out that Holloway admits he wants to keep up with the "Sid Klein School of Management" as he believes it's working so well here. This is what YOU want? Oh wait, you're a graduate of that school.

New guy from a professional organization (Not the 24 man department) with vision and community out reach...it's a no brainer - Oh wait, this is a money wasting/fixed appointment I forgot. Here I was thinking it was a professional and ethical process. My Bad..
    SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE'S FALLIN IN LOVE!

It's official. Holloway and Jackson (the guy from Colorado) made the final top 2. Let the job scrambling and arse kissing begin!!!!

Wow, the City gets rid of two highly qualified candidates and puts Holloway vs Jackson. That’s just as bad as THE HAMMER vs THE AVIL match in CPD 3 on Showtime.
    Congrats Holloway on the Chief position. The city should not have made it so obvious and put a possible contender against him.
    Time for the Fantasy cops start kissing his a$$.

Are the resumes of the top four candidates posted on-line anywhere?

Yes three of the candidates resumes are posted in the circular file and the fourth candidates resume was posted in the St. Petersburg times.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345