Police Chief Apps... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Police Chief Apps...

Theres been a little change of plans. All applications have been disregarded as Clearwater Police will now be under the direction of your new leader. Sheriff James Coats. Bill Baird will head up patrol operations , the downtown station will be the new NDS, and your radio system will be sold for scrap. New policy will also dictate that ten cruisers will no longer respond code 3 to a domestic, and PST's will no longer be permitted to clog up major arteries for a Signal 4 that a Sgt turns in to a circus. In addition all officers will be required to take a intensive course on professionalism, and civil rights. This course will be tought by John Trevena. Any officer who fails this class will be filtered to other departments such as Tarpon Springs, Kenneth City, or Campus Police where public contact is limited. Also the K9 unit will be disbanded citing CPD's dogs unable to catch even a cold...

I don't think I have laughed this hard in many, many years!!!!! Thanks Sparkling Star. You missed your calling, you should have been a stand up comic!!!! That is good material, where did you get it from??? All of CPD thanks you for the good laugh.

True that SparklingStar is very funny but if he was to do standup comedy he would not be able to hide behind the anonymity of this site.

Neither would you and I, Truth Is!!!

Your friend,
    LB

Arrow Re: Police Chief Apps...

Everyone should be looked at fairly. Experience, Ethics, Education, and Time on should all come into play when selecting the next Chief. A degree that was bought or obtained on the internet at Phoenix or Eckerd should not count.

Ok, let's go with your theory that the Supervisor's Union doesn't have that much power. Then do explain why it is that the Golden Boy's attorney wife is working them so hard? The Supervisor's union is behind Holloway as their pick, no matter if he got his education purchased over the internet. Do they not realize that if he does get the job, she cannot be their legal council any longer? Or will ABA ethics also fly out the window with everything else?

Balls? Yea, I got them. If it comes down to hiring one's friend with a overpriced computer degree and 19 months experience as a chief in a small town over more qualified candidates then yea, I do have a problem with the integrity issue there and you should as well. You're blind if you haven't witnessed the writing on the wall. Name 1 other front runner candidate that has lunch on a continual basis with the City Manger. Let's not get into to ethnic background. He "made the list" because his friend is doing the pickin' and choosing. You're a fool to think other wise. With that as a hiring requirement in Clearwater, if you're not one of the new chief's friend or do-boy, you won't ever see a promotion no matter how hard you worked for your higher education.

Someone else mentioned that everyone should be looked at fairly. Well, that's a great idea if only the playing field was even and everyone was a friend of the city manager's and went to lunch and or dinner with him when in town. Yet, I don't believe any of the other 10 candidates got such an invitation.

My only question is this. If after only months on the job and hundreds of thousands spent on finding the supposed 'right' candidate, if something better came along would he leave CPD too with a signed contractual promise to stay? Again, another integrity issue there.

You’re right – the supervisor’s union losing Andra as their attorney should be the tipping point in any discussions when it comes to Holloway being picked as our next chief. Really? Seriously? That’s the best you got??

Oh, and as to your other points about why Holloway SHOULD NOT be our next chief -- once again you're right on top of things, Sparky.

Holloway got to be Captain at CPD because our current chief failed to realize he was constantly promoting an uneducated & malfeasant hack of a cop.

And then Holloway got picked as the Chief of Police at Summerville PD because yet again he was able to successfully hide that he was really an uneducated and malfeasant hack of a cop from their Mayor and Aldermen.

Let’s face it, your integrity argument is just a smoke screen for what’s really the issue. You’re scared of what will happen to YOU, not the Clearwater Police Department as a whole, if Holloway becomes our next chief. Could it be your ‘integrity’ is the real issue here?

Maybe instead of wasting time on LEOAFFAIRS whining about how it’ll be sooo unfair if Holloway gets the chief job, you should spend it updating YOUR resume.

Hey, we'll get what we get. I'm just saying that the playing field isn't even, not when the guy making the choices picks you because you're his friend. That is a fact Holloway hasn't hidden well from anyone, nor does he care that everyone knows is somewhat an "in your face" kinda style. If you want to try to sell me on the idea that out of 102 applicants, that surprisingly he turned out to be the best man for the job afterall, and that the 6 figures the City spent on the process was well worth every dollar, then I have some land farther south to sell you.

I question some of his relationships with those in the North end and have for years. If you feel that's in your best interest, and the interest of ALL the citizens of Clearwater then great. No different than the Uhuru's influence over Goliath Davis in St. Pete.

If you feel that betraying a community that you just a year and a half ago told how greatful you were to serve them and how glad you were to be part of their team, let alone signing a contract of employment that you're going to renege less than half way thru because something better has surfaced, is also a good leadership style, then by all means - be happy with Holloway as your Chief as it appears commitment and honesty is not a determining factor.

Just never be surprised when the in-your-face-lies protude during his reign as it's already been established that'll be the his management style. How different is this from the current leadership? Not much, just more blantant.

Oh, and thanks for the thoughtfulness of being concered with my resume, but I've made a commitment to my community thru all kinds of adversity and yes, better opportunity has come along but I'm here to stay.

[quote="Sig Freud"]
    Holloway got to be Captain at CPD because our current chief failed to realize he was constantly promoting an uneducated & malfeasant hack of a cop.

Oh yea, I mean...just look at Captain GED. You're right Freud, it could NEVER happen.

Has the short list been announced yet???

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast