Furloughs

Thread: Furloughs

Furloughs

It is my understanding that the City is forcing furloughs on all Police Officers, regardless of whether we or the FOP agree to it. I also heard that the City will not be fulfilling their end of the contract by canceling our raises this year. Anybody heard anything else?

Re: Furloughs

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    It is my understanding that the City is forcing furloughs on all Police Officers, regardless of whether we or the FOP agree to it. I also heard that the City will not be fulfilling their end of the contract by canceling our raises this year. Anybody heard anything else?
    How can they be canceling our raises, Dont we have to vote to exept the cancelation?

How can they be canceling our raises, Dont we have to vote to exept the cancelation?
    Son, if you accept that all politicians are liars and backstabbers, then you will never go wrong. The law doesn't apply to them......

It's almost October, we will soon find out. I believe it was mentioned at the last council meeting that they were going to discuss the options of furloughs with the union. If we get this raise, enjoy it because we probably will not see another one before we go into negotiations again.

Did any furloughs happen?

No furloughs, they have actually hired a few people since all of this came up.

I do not know what police department u all work for, but Hollywood PD, West Palm PD, Riviera Beach PD, and Jupiter PD are all under furloughs as of right now and forced be the city. Unions at this point have no power in stopping this, even though it is against union contracts. All I can say is best of luck to u all and be glad we still have jobs. Many changes will be coming in the future, be prepared for them.