Tired of Losing Good People - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Tired of Losing Good People

Haynes is not that bad John.... Stop crying and do your job.

Apart from all the negatives I applied last night. I am certified w/exp. and currently unemployed. I would love the opportunity to return to the job I LOVE. I have learned to work around the negative, I hope I'm given a chance.

Thats all!!!!!!!!!

Pay checks come every two weeks!
    You will really love working here hope you get the call

I love this place. When you have enough experience to choose who you work for, you will be happy as well. I know it's hard putting up with those belittling/moral killing supervisors but, just think, after a few years, it's all over. Hopefully you wont leave like the rest before them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dist 3 Deputy
    I don't know what your all *****ing about. Since the reassignment of the CPT unit and other personnel to patrol, things have been steady but not out of control. I know some days are busier than others but, for the most part, we get along fine. I can't wait for the 24 new deputies that were just approved by the county. They'll help out tremendously!
    "And you don't know what you are talking about". Dist 1and now 3 got 95% of the guys from spec ops. Dist 2 got nothing again! and we have the same man power as we did before they got rid of the spec units. And the 24 deputies they hire will probably just about fill the vacancies spots. And then we will be back where we started...It's the Pasco Cycle, we hire some people and many more leave to Tampa. And when they do hire more people, others will get promoted to CIB etc....and we will be back in the same boat with vacancies. Atleast in dist 2. :evil:
    Have fun with this post guys!

Your a moron. When I said we were approved for 24 additional deputies, that means ADDITIONAL deputies. DII is getting an equal amount of the new deputies allotted. Also, have you ever worked on the west side? Last I checked the west side handles 73.2% of the calls for service each year. WOW! maybe thats why we have more deputies?? If you look at the numbers, and assign deputies based on percentage of calls for service by district, the west side should have 11 more of the east side deputies to balance the manpower/calls for service ratio.

Numbers, numbers boys.... Let's not forget what we're talking about here. May I remind everyone about the true problem? The problem that is killing this agency. The supervisor problem! Now, I'm no expert in the study of law enforcement administration and I'm not high enough on the food chain to make any decisions but, I know Bob was promoting unqualified people at the bottom of that long sergeants list. Can you believe that some of the sergeants were only on the road for a year or two in their time. Most of them went directly to specialty units as soon as they could get off of the road. Some even stayed in those units for years in a cake job that had little law enforcement duties. Some have never been an FTO, Corporal, detective, or anything else that would qualify them for the job. After working in a cake job for several years, or getting they're ineffective units disbanded, Bob promoted them to sergeants and corporals just because they studied for a test and barley passed. Did you know that some of the last sergeants promoted scored just a few points over passing. Maybe thats why they don't know what they're doing and why they dont answer my calls when I ask for advice or help with a call. Wow, between the old has-been, disgruntled, moral killing supervisors and the new sergeants who dont know what they're doing, we have just the right recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Your a moron. When I said we were approved for 24 additional deputies, that means ADDITIONAL deputies. DII is getting an equal amount of the new deputies allotted. Also, have you ever worked on the west side? Last I checked the west side handles 73.2% of the calls for service each year. WOW! maybe thats why we have more deputies?? If you look at the numbers, and assign deputies based on percentage of calls for service by district, the west side should have 11 more of the east side deputies to balance the manpower/calls for service ratio.
    If you want to use numbers have you looked at a zone map lately? The last time I looked D-II covers approximately 2/3 of the county. They have less people to cover it with. To be fair, sure, it's slower than D-I or D-III, but sometimes D-II gets there a$$ handed to them. Ever count the square miles of C-3 sector? 93 square miles. And don't start on some of it being a forest. We get calls in there, too. It includes three projects, the north part of Tommy Town (wonderful little village), and let's not forget the quaint, rustic neighborhood known as Lacoochee. Two more projects are near the south border of C-3. Usually the calls are at opposite ends of the zone. Couple that with a lazy zone partner, and a Sgt. who complains about how long it took for you to get to the next call (two weeks after that Sgt. gave you a negative P.O.R. for exceeding the speed limit) and before you know it you're covering the south or north end of Charlie sector singlehanded. Been there, done that. In closing, unless you've "been there, done that" in D-II, please refrain from reffering to your brethren as morons.

the quaint, rustic neighborhood known as Lacoochee

Thanks for the laugh, I've known this area for a very long time and your description of Lacoochee just about did me.
    :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

I’ve worked both DI and DII. The west side is overly stacked right now….patrol cars are almost running into each other (when they’re not 56’n behind Target and Walmart). DII deputies are dealing with a huge boom in the population and do have a much larger area to cover (which is very dangerous when a back-up is needed).

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast