The Range
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Range

The Range

REMOVED DUE TO NEVER POSTING ON THIS SITE AGAIN

Re: The Range

Be greatful we have what we have with the budget cuts.

come use our range lcso. its better anyway and indoor all hightech.

Are you an LEO? The range is meant for law enforcement officers. If you can't make it on a Saturday pehaps you need better time management.

Quote Originally Posted by smarterthantherestofyou
    Are you an LEO? The range is meant for law enforcement officers. If you can't make it on a Saturday pehaps you need better time management.
    Not necessarily. I work every other Saturday and have my kids on the Saturday I don't work. So how is that poor time management?

well, that's your fault for slugging out larva

Speaking of the range and non law enforcement use. Anybody ever go on FSN.com? I read the comments on there and they run about 80% anti-LE. Considering the site owner is related to a law enforcement officer I find it surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah
    Does anyone think that the range should be more available for us to shoot at? Honestly there arent a whole lot of shooting ranges around here and I dont think the one or two saturday a month thing they do from 8-12 is enough.

I say there are enough SWAT guys for them to be out there everyday. We should be able to come shoot any day we want to....obviously other then days the range is used for training. If we want to shoot we should bring our own ammo, so they dont have to pay for it.

I for one would love to shoot much more often. I went up to the range in Fort Myers and the guys werent very friendly and it was expensive.

Anyone have any input.
    ARE YOU FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!! The Range is available alot more then you think and if you ask the Range Master although a little gruff at times can make time and things happen for you to have the ability to shoot. What about people from your unit shooting with you and having an agency range officer help out? I remember one of the D-8 mid night shifts a little while back would come early in the morning and go through drills and scenarios as a shift.

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

I work the range quite frequently and it seems as if the majority (not all) deputies that come out to "qualify" are there because they have to, not because they want to.

They piss and whine about having to be there, and when you offer suggestions to help them improve, (because they can't hit $hit) they pretty much write you off...well, excuse me, hope you never have to use your handgun other than on the range.

Anyway the range will become more available. Structural improvements are being made, and some practical courses of fire as well as an advanced shotgun, rifle, a plain clothes carry, and low light handgun courses coming in the new year....This is "new" range, so take advantage.

I received some complains from State Probation/Parole Officers stated sometimes when they go to the range, certain Deputies (Not All) treat them like civilians and ordered them to come on Saturdays when the range is opended to civilians; eventhough when the range is not busy like to requaly officers....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast