Americorps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Americorps

Americorps

I was thinking about applying to the Americorps part time next year. I hate my part time job, so it would be a nice chaange from that. PASS is doing my background now and you guys are the agency I want. I know I will get to meet alot of you and seee how you guys handle calls and stuff, I guess I was just wondering if its worth it. I mean do you guys even have any respect for them or is it more like CIS?

Re: Americorps

For more information contact Rebecca Davis at the department. Here is the site: http://www.clearwaterpolice.org/americorps/index.asp
    She will have plenty of information for you and will be able to answer your questions. As for respect, respect is earned. You will learn a lot from the program and officers if that is what you are there for.

If you want any sort of advise at all, Don't join AmeriCorp. The program is a joke, and the Director is just as bad. You're a glorified Volunteer who gets paid less than minimum wage. You get to go around and paint houses, pick up signs, and walk around schools. The only thing the program is good for is to meet people, but watch out, if you come around with any ideas to make the program better, the director will try to screw you over. The program is bad news and probably won't be around much longer with budget cuts. Paid Volunteers. Find another P/T job and just be a Volunteer. You'll be better off.

Actually, you may want to get out of Americorps completely. If dictator Obuma has his way, that will become the "civialian army" he speaks of, i.e. his own S.S. I wouldn't want any part of that.

Any factual information that can be verified to give some substance to your post, Heil Americorps??

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Briscoe
    Any factual information that can be verified to give some substance to your post, Heil Americorps??
    Heil Americorps is correct Lenny. Straight from the community leaders mouth. He has been pushing for a "civilian army as strong or stronger then the regular military" for some time now. Only recently did it come out that Americorp would be the organization used and a huge sum of money set aside. Fox news had a week long expose on the anti-capitalists/communist/radicals that the community leader has appointed as Czars and advisors in addition to the civilian army he has proposed. The question arose as to why he would need a civilian army and was answered very eloquently by top military officials. No conspiricy or internet jibber jabber...straight out of his mouth.

Is there any openings?

I was asking about openings can anyone help on this issue?

Will they get to wear flashy arms bands and boots?

There is always openings, because, no normal, sane person would want to work for that joke of a program

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast