Automatic Rifles - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Automatic Rifles

I could not be more embarrassed to work for the department. are you kiddig, we are a laughing stock. read the blogs. alex and her papeclips has ruined the great reputation we built over the past 3 years. my god someone stop that woman :? ops:
    Quote Originally Posted by who
    who is DOI? Are they cops too? I know of a DIF but DOI, come on. Get rid of these clowns and their paperclips too.

Quote Originally Posted by guns
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You guys need automatic rifles about as much as FDLE and DOT does.
    At least DOT does real police work, unlike you folks or fdle.
    I guess that depends on your definition of "real" police work. According to your skewed statement, it appears you don't consider arson a crime. Let me break it down a bit further. Your statement would indicate that our investigations, which include arson, insurance fraud, mortgage fraud, explosions, and murder are not part of what you call "REAL" police work.

Arson is the most expensive crime in the US - no other crime has a greater financial impact against us. Insurance and mortgage fraud is costing ALL of us more and more every year. Explosions...Need I say more? Murder...Need I say more?

The next time you start thinking we're not "real" cops, think about how the SFM has the highest closure success rate in the nation. Think about the way we help provide closure to victims of arson and their survivors.

Arson is the most expensive crime in the US - no other crime has a greater financial impact against us. Insurance and mortgage fraud is costing ALL of us more and more every year.
    I have to disagree. With the overall, long-term financial impact on the medical, insurance, criminal justice systems (just to name a few) I believe DUI crashes involving property damage, injury, or death are the most expensive. More of them nationwide, and again the effects (cost to ALL persons in ALL systems) are more expensive long term (decades). Just my two cents.

While you make a valid argument, the compiled stats don't lie. Arson costs us in the billions annually. All of the same issues with DUI's are involved in arson cases as well, but the biggest difference being that fire destroys vast amounts of property in minutes.

In addition to homes, businesses and cars, there is also the issue of wildland fires caused by arson. Flying embers can spark fires miles away from the area of origin. Thousands of miles of protected wildlands are destroyed every year; that is a cost which cannot be recovered.

Of course, loss of life in fires is another irrecoverable cost, but DUI's claim too many lives as well. However, the manpower needed to handle a DUI, even when fatal, pales in comparison to the expense of fire response, investigation, recovery, and prosecution.

Trust me, its not a matter of pitting one against the other in matters of importance; its just that its like comparing an AK-47 to napalm. Both suck, but one is worse.

What does this have to do with automatic weapons? NOTHING !!!!!!!! However I do agree that all law enforcement is valid and necessary. State agencies have always considered themselves better than other State agencies because of core mission. Take my agency ABT. I am embarrassed to even visit the site. It is all back biting each other. We really do not do anything worth while, can not keep a Director worth a crap. The industry runs us. Most of us are a lazy bunch of no goods. I am actively looking for a job, maybe at DIF. I see they do not have a site. I only hear wonderful things about SFM and DIF. Good leadership and direction, good equipment, and a CFO who loves cops. God Bless..

Quote Originally Posted by guest by chance
    What does this have to do with automatic weapons? NOTHING !!!!!!!! However I do agree that all law enforcement is valid and necessary. State agencies have always considered themselves better than other State agencies because of core mission. Take my agency ABT. I am embarrassed to even visit the site. It is all back biting each other. We really do not do anything worth while, can not keep a Director worth a crap. The industry runs us. Most of us are a lazy bunch of no goods. I am actively looking for a job, maybe at DIF. I see they do not have a site. I only hear wonderful things about SFM and DIF. Good leadership and direction, good equipment, and a CFO who loves cops. God Bless..
    I've been gone from ABT for about a year now, so I know your pain. Get out and don't look back!

Another waste of money. RIFLES. ... okay lets spend money on desk jockeys.. and get them RIFLES. The state has limited our powers , but yet they waste money on RIFLES. Oh yeah another great idea... lets send experienced investigators to a BS academy in Tallahassee 2 years after they are hired. Is someone at the top have any idea what real investiagtors do. ? Come on Director Askins, please get this place straightend out and stop listening to those in Tall that are just trying to keep their jobs. Listen to those with experience and want to move out of the "box".

PLEASE !

Are you kidding me, Askins doing something. Get real. Nothing but a puppet master.. Make no waves or do anywork. If he culd he would have been the director before. he is usless. I can not believe i had to attend an accademy so long after being hired. I could teach the classes as we all could. maybe askins should take a class on how to make a decision wiithout getting the dcfo's input. oh, forgot,that is not allowed. we must analyze and draw charts and graphs first, then recheck and justify our graphs. unless you are shoving high power rifels down our throats. how bout thost sgt. stripes on sfm shirts. wow, not violation there. I hate this place, not by partners, just the place, the bosses, and that stupid academy. at least we only had two weeks insead of 10, and no onge got fired while there. someone with guts needs to run this place, someone who is not afraid to make noice and a differnence. btw, do you have your 12 arrests t his year.......................

Shut up Friedman and stop crying just retire already no one likes you here.

so, are you better off now than you were 3.5 years ago. I think not. the cfo does not care about us, only votes from old people. She really does not like cops that much, or people who disagree with her. ask those at BOA. how much do we spend on travel these past 3 months. the dcfo needs his head handed to him then shipped back off where he came from.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast