Automatic Rifles
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Automatic Rifles

Is it true you guys and the Department of Insurance are getting new weapon?

Re: Automatic Rifles

Yup.

DIF got Glock 23's and getting AR-15's next week

Are you kidding. AR 15's for Desk Jockies. Who thought of that insane idea. Must be the analyst that runs your departments. What are you all thinking. when state employees can not get pay increases, maybe you can sell the ar 15's on ebay. wait till the legislature hears ab out this.

At last, someone sees the need for these weapons. I work midnights and patrol the rough areas and can not get one of these guns. I do get pay raises though. Rather have the gun. What analyst can buy guns?

Here is a thought...just a random one...if you have the money why don't you buy your own rifle? I don't make a big pile of money but I don't wait for my agency to buy things I need to make sure I get home at the end of the shift.

my agency will not let us carry our own assult guns. some stupic accreditation thing, waht ever the hell accreditation is. sounds like a waste of time to me anyway. it only gets us in trouble with new policies, but no equipment. now there is a position or two or four we can get rid of.

Let me correct several inaccuracies in this last post:
    First - accreditation standards DO NOT specify what weapons an officer may or may not carry. The agency determines what weapons an officer may or may not carry. The standards only require that the agency have written policy on all approved weapons and provide training before a weapon can be carried. There are hundreds of accredited agencies that allow their officers to carry AR-15s, MP-5s, Mini-14s, etc.
    Second - there are accreditation standards that require the agency to spell out what ammuninition is approved for use with any firearm and provide training either yearly or every other year on all weapons approved for use.
    Third - accreditation (either state or national) has done more to reduce liability lawsuits than any other process. Both state and national accreditation mandate up-to-date use of force policies, training practices and documentation of all activities in addition to hundreds of other best law enforcement practices.

As an afterthought - I don't work for this agency - I just hate to see inaccuracies posted on any site concerning accreditation.

I guess it takes a "desk jockey" to understand how budgets work. the diff. between non-reoccurring funds, etc. you just cant take any money the agency has and put it towards pay. be nice sometimes, but if that money is not going to be part of the budget next year the person in that position is going to be awful mad when that money is not paid.
    all DIF Detectives (this isnt their forum btw) and Detectives with the SFM, are state certified leo's, (most with experience from all sorts of agencies) all work in and around areas that are less than hospitable towards law enforcement, and unless you are actually under a desk, you should have known that things are not exactly slowing down as far a violence goes. The issuing of rifles is just allowing the availability of another tool if needed.

one of the many rules of a gunfight is to bring friends, friends with long guns if possible. i like to think those of us in DFS, (DIF & SFM) are friends to our local agencies. isnt it nice to know that there are even just a few more friends with long guns out there.

Right on........ more long guns so we state can protect the locals when they need us. wouldn't it be nice if we wereall on the same radio system so we know when they need help. is there something in accreditation for that?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast