Spence shhhhh! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Spence shhhhh!

Unregistered
    Richard “****” Spence is absolutely involved with Jim Leavens. Jim Leavens wants the ex Cali Cartel member to call the promotions, demotions and transfers again. Just like Michael did, where are all the cash donations that Tricky **** gave Michael. He’s telling people Michael!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered

Derr

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Richard “****” Spence is absolutely involved with Jim Leavens. Jim Leavens wants the ex Cali Cartel member to call the promotions, demotions and transfers again. Just like Michael did, where are all the cash donations that Tricky **** gave Michael. He’s telling people Michael!!!!!!!!!!
    you need not post while smoking your shit!!! LMAO

Unregistered

Blood is thick with Alva mayor

Why is Jim Jim 's kids inter-married with the Spence Cali Cartel alva drug kingpin's family?
    Joe Burley, poor excuse for a washed out marine, and band of losers who tarnished the badge for Alva mayor

Unregistered

Spence friends with Steve Russell - Media never really talked about this

Spence is also best buddies with Steve Russell. The media gave Russell a complete and total pass on this.

Unregistered
    That’s okay, Spence and Leavens have family ties. He will help Jim during his campaign run financially. I guess Jim’s racist agenda doesn’t apply to Colombian Cartel drug lords when money is involved.

Unregistered
    That’s okay, Spence and Leavens have family ties. He will help Jim during his campaign run financially. I guess Jim’s racist agenda doesn’t apply to Colombian Cartel drug lords when money is involved.
    Proof? What family ties and where are you getting your information? Either back it up or stop with the bs rumors.

Unregistered
    Why is Jim Jim 's kids inter-married with the Spence Cali Cartel alva drug kingpin's family?
    Joe Burley, poor excuse for a washed out marine, and band of losers who tarnished the badge for Alva mayor
    What’s your problem Eric? Did you not get your dream job as a writer for a newspaper? With your pathetic headlines, ridiculous character names and excessive adjectives. I’m sure you think they’re so clever but it’s honestly just sad. I’m sure the national inquirer would look at your work. Right up your alley too since they care as much about facts as you do. But hey, if you want to start fact checking how about you start with which one of Jim’s kids is inter-married with who in the Spence family, aaaand go.

Unregistered

Boycott Alva

A close eye needs to be kept on this crooked drug den and pariah of Lee County. No law enforcement, current or or former, should be anywhere near this establishment or these shady unlawful characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ;1446615
    Does Spence get that it isn't helping the cause by doing more interviews?
    Never mind the color he adds is the crap the NP squirts over.
    Scott, Russell, Crist and his others powerful list of friends need to tell their friend this stuff is giving our dept, the SAO, and everyone else a bad rap and to cease his deluded version of helping w/the situation.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20...NTPAGECAROUSEL
    Game's still on for con man Spence

**** Spence likes what he sees in the mirror.

Maybe he's blind.

The convicted felon perceives a man of action who helped Mike Scott win back-to-back sheriff's elections and whose sage advice keeps Scott on top of problems at the Lee County Sheriff's Office.

"I would think in Mike's eyes, I'm a better friend now than before," Spence told The News-Press in an interview last month.

That's debatable.

Scott criticized Spence Friday for not confessing he was a felon.

The Alva convenience store manager - who served three years in federal prison for money laundering and kidnapping in New York - dismisses his felonious criminal past with an excuse and born-again reformation.

"I was in jail 15 years ago. I didn't know what I was getting into then," says Spence, 51. "But I'm a pillar of my community now. I donate time and money to charities."

Pillar or post, he has making up to do to offset a 1995 conviction for laundering $100 million for the violent Colombian Cali Cartel's drug-smuggling operation. He relocated to Lee County, opened Alva Village Market in 2001 and became a political gadfly.

"I've probably donated to 20 campaigns," he says.

Scott refunded his money after he found out about Spence's past.

How many others did?

The sheriff forged a friendship with Spence despite agency policy that forbids employees from associating with felons.

But Spence says the illicit relationship with Scott didn't hurt him.

"If I called Steve Russell right now, he would talk to me," says Spence about the state attorney. "I'm friends with him and I'm a loyal friend. That's the thing with me. When I'm your friend, I'm always your friend."

Well, if I called Russell right now, he'd probably answer. I'm worse than a felon - I'm a columnist.

But Russell wasn't as exuberant about their relationship. He called Spence an "acquaintance."

Spence drops political names like vitamins.

"I helped Michael Dukakis run for president," he says of the 1988 Democratic nominee.

Dukakis? Give me the name of a candidate that had a chance.

Spence says he has cell phones of every politician who matters to him.

That doesn't mean they answer when he calls.

"Charlie Crist? If I called him up on the phone right now, he would definitely know who I am," he says. "I do have his cell phone. I raised a lot of money for Crist - $500,000."

When asked Monday if he knew Spence, the governor said he didn't.
    That's 1-for-2 in name-dropping.

Crist, by the way, would direct a criminal investigation into Scott. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Crist's agency, said Thursday it is conducting a preliminary investigation into Scott.

Retired deputy Kerry Griner, who says he was forced to resign by Scott after 26 years in 2004, says Spence is "very charming," but don't buy into his bull.

"I knew he was a con man the very first time I talked to him on the telephone," Griner says. "I have trouble believing he raised that much money for the governor."

While Spence says he regrets his past, he relishes bragging about his role.

"They said it was the biggest money laundering scheme ever in the state of New York - $185 million," he says, adding $85 million to the total. "And I think they got most of that back because I provided them with the bank account numbers.''

Felons are bad. Felons who exaggerate are worse.

Spence says folks appreciate his helping hand.

"I am the honorary mayor of Alva, like when you raise money for charity," he says. "Everyone who comes into (the store) calls me mayor."

Yet Spence's popularity surprises him. It should. He lives on a line of B.S.

"I don't know why people like me, why people trust me," he says. "A lot of people come into the store. They know me, maybe it's my personality.

"I don't lie."

Excuse me. There was that fib as a firefighter.

Spence, a retired New York City firefighter, falsely claimed an ankle injury.

The scam netted him nearly $300,000. Officials ordered him to repay the amount.

Spence also speaks from both sides of his mouth.

"It's not like I look at resumes or anything," he says. "I would never tell (Scott) to promote or not promote."

Two minutes later he stumps for his man.

"I would pick (Lt.) Shawn Ramsey as my No. 2," says Spence about the chief deputy job. "I think he's the star of the bunch."

Telephone records acquired by The News-Press showed Spence and Ramsey talked twice this year, once for 30 minutes.

Spence also says he is an upstanding citizen and blames former chief deputy Charlie Ferrante for bringing his criminal past to Scott's attention.

"Charlie (Ferrante) has a vendetta against me," Spence says. "I'm very embarrassed about (my past), but there's nothing illegal about (Scott's association with me). The rule doesn't apply to him."

Wrong again, ****.

The policy applies to all sheriff's office workers.

"If I were still a criminal or something, maybe I could understand," Spence says. "But I've turned my life around."

If there isn't a crack in his mirror, there should be.

Unregistered

Big bomb

A close eye needs to be kept on this crooked drug den and pariah of Lee County. No law enforcement, current or or former, should be anywhere near this establishment or these shady unlawful characters.
    BIG BOMB gonna drop on the JL campaign soon
    JL never saw it coming

Unregistered
    D!(&ey poo thinks he can trust everyone who visits the alva bodega BUT spies are reporting back
    spencey cant keep his big mouth or his activity quiet

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast