I'm Concerned
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Concerned

I'm Concerned

No pursuit policy

Pulling random videos and punishing for comments made in the confines of peers only and not the public

I.A's initiated by fellow officers on fellow officers

lop sided stats between shifts

There seems to be no fostering, mentoring or coaching to ensure policies are followed and teamwork promoted among each other. It is an "every man for themself" atmosphere which is sure to create an uneasiness and negative work environment.

A little support, encouragement and sensitivity would go a long way in turning the moral and trust around between each other and officers vs supervisors.

You need to act and work as a team not as individuals.

Good luck NPD, you have the makings to be a great department if only you would change some attitudes. ( I say that in a positive way)

Re: I'm Concerned

Are you serious? No more pursuit policy, when did that happen? That's never a good idea if you want to be proactive. Once the bad guys find out they will start stealing cars left and right and laughing in your face. Anytime a department does this the crime stats and part 1's go up!

Sorry for your troubles...

Quote Originally Posted by Looking from the outside in
    No pursuit policy

Pulling random videos and punishing for comments made in the confines of peers only and not the public

There seems to be no fostering, mentoring or coaching to ensure policies are followed and teamwork promoted among each other. It is an "every man for themself" atmosphere which is sure to create an uneasiness and negative work environment.

A little support, encouragement and sensitivity would go a long way in turning the moral and trust around between each other and officers vs supervisors.

Good luck NPD, you have the makings to be a great department if only you would change some attitudes. ( I say that in a positive way)
    Would someone from NPD please respond to this. Is this true what was written? Or is this made upstuff designed to stir the pot?

If you work for NPD then you know if the OP is legit or full of toro-caca. If you don't work for NPD then why do you care?
    If someone from NPD thought the OP was worthy of a response maybe they would pay attention. Have you thought that their lack of response is an indication the OP is not worthy of one? Just a thought.

Because if it is true then this is a great opportunity to use this forum to open the lines of positive communication, discussing ideas and promoting healthy discussions on things that matter to the department. But if it is true and no one wants to talk about it then that only fosters bad morale and negative feelings towards each other.

When you put the ego's and attitudes aside and treat everyone equally and with respect, only then will you encourage an atmosphere of respect. Your support and productivity will increase and over-all safety will improve as well because people care about each other and where they work.

On the other hand if you fail to address matters that are important to the officers or to command staff then the lack of communication will only continue to silence HOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Dialog
    Because if it is true then this is a great opportunity to use this forum to open the lines of positive communication, discussing ideas and promoting healthy discussions on things that matter to the department. But if it is true and no one wants to talk about it then that only fosters bad morale and negative feelings towards each other.

When you put the ego's and attitudes aside and treat everyone equally and with respect, only then will you encourage an atmosphere of respect. Your support and productivity will increase and over-all safety will improve as well because people care about each other and where they work.

On the other hand if you fail to address matters that are important to the officers or to command staff then the lack of communication will only continue to silence HOPE.
    IF it were true then it is up to the members of the NPD to decide if this is the forum they would choose to discuss this.
    IF it were true for NPD then why would a non-member of the NPD be concerned?
    Maybe it's not true so there is no reason for the discussion in the first place.
    Or maybe, just maybe, the members of the NPD see how useful the open and positive lines of communication work for other agencies on this board. I defy you to point out one agency's board which is not filled with hateful rhetoric from a few insiders.

If you're so curious as to the pursuit policy of a police agency, feel free to call them and ask. It's not a secret.

:twisted: :twisted:

Citizens and fellow cops in neighboring jurisdictions have every right to know how certain policies or morale could affect their safety or inter-action on the road. Policies affect more than just the working patrolman of that department; they affect everyone involved with that department, inside and out.

Maybe NPD officers have not chosen to post on this site becasue it is a new site and it will take time before LeoAffairs gains the trust that is needed to blog. The same happened on the CCSO message board. Now it has been over three years and many are commfortable discussing issues that would normally happen behind closed doors or behind someone's back. (Just do not use your real name or radio identifier when posting )

Many positive changes have taken place at our agency because of what was discussed in a professional manner. Yes, the occasional idiot will get on and stir the pot but our MOD does a great job keeping our board clean, positive and productive.

It is what you make it and it is a direct reflection of how your agency functions. So loosen up NPD, use screen names and post professionally, responsible and with the intent on making your department a better place to work. It is a great opportunity to bring to the attention of your higher ups issues that matter to you, the patrolman, or you the concerned citizen.

Good luck my friends and welcome to LeoAffairs!

I have to support ole George on this one. Welcome to LeoAffairs!

Check out our board and you will see that not all boards are a zoo or have to be negative.

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewforum.php?f=38

I do have an occasion to mingle with some NPD officers every once in a while. Most are a good bunch of guys and gals. Some, like in every agency, are just there so you will have someone to talk about and pass the hours away when bored :wink:

But I do see what one guest was talking about, it does seem as if many in your department are not very trusting with each other. That is tough to work with but it can be changed with a little communication and respect.

Stay safe my friends in BLUE!

You shouldn't confuse a lack of comments by NPD as fear or lack of trust. There is no work place that is perfect or without controversy and their issues were played out in the media for all to see just two short years ago. In case you hadn't noticed, reporters and citizens have taken to trolling this site. How much more agency nonsense do you want to become public for all to twist and use against you?

And as for using the CCSO as an example, they have brutalized their own constantly on every matter that comes up. The Rivas investigation, Sgt. Daniels, etc, etc, etc...

Their recent hatchet job conducted by a certain chief and his minions to destroy the lives of a couple Naples cops is another example. Calling local reporters to brag they were going to "perp walk" two NPD officers out of the station. After all was said and done, JW got shot down by both the SAO and AUSA. Ouch that must have stung. But if you ask any NPD oficer that knows these two guys you will hear resounding support for them both. Not what you would expect from an agency that doesn't trust itself, is it? :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Looking from the outside in
    No pursuit policy

As an officer for NPD this poster has almost all the facts of what is going on right now. This poster has forgot that NPD is no longer putting moving radars into their cars and they are pulling the remaining units out of service. This is being done because they didnt budget for the recalibration of the units. Well NPD has approximately 15 cars, so $100.00 a year for radra calibration times 15 cars give or take a few, is an expense of 1500.00 a year. Give me a break. NPD is really starting to go down the tubes, whats the next step have the city privatize and use security guards. Something needs to happen and soon.

The chief is now spending $600.00 for each road patrol officer to have their own personal microphone for their in car video system, give me a break this is a unnecessary expense whenwe have a microphone in each car that can be used. This chief is more concernened with being sued then looking at his Officers and thier moral and trying to figure out what he can do to make his officer happy and keep them that way.

Stop pulling random video tapes and goping on a witch hunt. Its time to man up and run a police department, this job is dangerous and we all knew it going in to the job. We all want to do our job but it is now becoming more and more hard to do this when we are getting our tools taken away and polices changed to protect the chief and his 6 figure paycheck.

I guess we will have to hold on and wait this new storm out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast