Please Help

Thread: Please Help

Please Help

Can anyone within your organization answer these questions for me please:

What is turnover like (frequency of Information Sessions)?
    How long is the hiring process?
    How often are you made to change assignment locations?
    What are some of the specialized units within your organization?
    Are you allowed to leave for the weekend during your FLETC training?
    Are there any "ride-a-along" type programs for those interested in your profession?
    Are there any other contacts besides the Recruiting Officer available (my area R.O. has a voicemail requesting that potential recruits refer to their website and doesn't return calls)?

Thank you very much for your time

Please Help

I'll try and answer your questions:

1. Minimal Usually to lateral to another federal agency but only if you have a college degree.
    2. Varies. Currently not hiring but usually 6 months to 1 1/2 years.
    3. Never. You only move if you want to and after 3 years at your initial assignment and at your own expense. To promote to GS13, but at your own expexse. To promote to GS14 is a paid move.
    4. Witness Security, Investigative Operations (Regional Task Forces), Judicial Security (Judges & Facilities), Protective Operations (Deputy Attorney General & Drug Czar), Special Operations (Tactical), Assett Forfiture (Seized Assets).
    5. Yes
    6. NO
    7. NO. Try a recruiting officer from another district but they will currently tell you to keep checking the website. Hiring process is currently being revamped. Nothing in the works until next year.