**The Girls of BSO are on TLC right now ** - Page 3
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: **The Girls of BSO are on TLC right now **

The problem is these aren't real cops who are taking all the shots at real cops. Probably people who couldn't get hired by BSO or got turned down for a specialty unit. Robbery? Intent to permanently deprive? Isn't that part of it? I thought that was pretty clever. If we operated to the nth degree within every law or policy, nothing would ever get done. Now STFU and get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Closing Time
    The problem is these aren't real cops who are taking all the shots at real cops. Probably people who couldn't get hired by BSO or got turned down for a specialty unit. Robbery? Intent to permanently deprive? Isn't that part of it? I thought that was pretty clever. If we operated to the nth degree within every law or policy, nothing would ever get done. Now STFU and get lost.
    Yes, that is part of it. The other part is..."or temporarily" deprive. Nice try nit-wit.

Are you kidding me that those 3 went on national TV in their bikinis??!!! Yes, all 3 good looking and definitely in good shape, but COME ON! It just seemed a little ridiculous. Like they couldn't have gone to the mall, to the gym, or out for lunch or dinner instead? Please. I know T&A sells ratings...and that's part of the reason that they choose to do an entire series on female Deputies. I know there are lots of female Deputies...even good looking and physically fit ones...who would have told the producers to pound sand instead of agreeing to do that.

I definitely think that 85% of the stuff on the show is "grey area" at best. Coming from a police family and a complete Law Enforcement supporter I think the show is embarrassing. None of the cops in my family (some with years and years--like 30+-- experience down here in South Florida) can believe the show either! I realize that when the bad guy "does you dirty" sometimes you have to "do him dirty" but again is national TV the place for it??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    As a female LEO, I am embarassed for BSO. These women are rude, violate people's civil rights, violate state statute, and need to be re-trained regarding officer safety. If this show is trying to shine a positive light on women in law enforcement, it fails miserably. The show should be called Sheriff Lamberti's ego-maniacs. Very sad commentary on an once great agency.
    AGREED, WITH ONE EXCEPTION. THIS HAS NEVER BEEN A GREAT AGENCY. JUST AN AGENCY WITH ONE EMBARASSMENT AFTER ANOTHER WITH SOME OCCASIONAL GREAT POLICE WORK.

OK, this is FLORIDA. People go to the beach all the time. Now maybe you wear a moo-moo to the beach I don't know. The three of them on the beach in their bathing suits was the least offensive. I'm still trying to get over AM's violation of that guy she pulled over for no reason. See that's what happens when you go from FTO status to a special unit. She has no time 65'n calls.
    Hey, in that work-out scene in the gym, did the fat guy with the gotee puke! LOL, I didn't think he worked out as evidenced from his in-service performance. LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    OK, this is FLORIDA. People go to the beach all the time. Now maybe you wear a moo-moo to the beach I don't know. The three of them on the beach in their bathing suits was the least offensive.
    She even stated that she hardly ever gets to the beach...so you think it was just a coincidence that she made time to do so while being followed by a camera crew? Females in law enforcement do tend to be judged harsher than their male co-workers...and tend to have to prove themselves more often...and I *always* hear how they used their looks or sex to their advantage (and after seeing this show and others like Female Forces I can see why that is!!! As a female myself, I have to say that they say the DUMBEST things...like matching a GUN to the color of your EYES...that just sounds totally idiotic...why act all cutsie? Again, I know plenty of female Deputies/Officers that do NOT act that way and are probably completely embarrassed that this is the way they are being represented...color coordinated guns, lip gloss and nailpolish, etc.). I think these ladies probably are aware of the different standards and I don't think that they did anything to help themselves. There are TONS of reality cop shows that follow personal lives as well as professional...have you EVER seen the guys...even the well built SWAT team members showing it off on the beach? So when people say these ladies used their "assets" to get ahead...it might just be believable....and I hope they see where they don't have a leg to stand on to take offense to it.

Overall, whether on this forum or others like officer.com, this show has consistently received negative comments from fellow BSO Deputies, outside agencies, and civillians alike. What a shame. BSO has enough trouble in the public eye at this time without this.

Wow! How catty can you get. These are 4 very self-confident women two of whom (at least) are in excellent physical condition. So what if they said a few girly things - after all they are females. Can't they distinguish themselves from their male counterparts? If they were all ghetto black and spoke in ebonics, you'd find fault with that too although that is reality. If they were Latino - same, or if they were gay they'd probably be too gay for you. The problem is - this isn't you in the spotlight and that's what pisses you off.

I could have done without the beach scene but the show knows - sex sells. Stop making it such a personal issue for you. It's a TV drama. The only negative comments are the ones you a-holes are posting here. I still can't get over the idiot who thought the use of the cellphone was robbery. What an absolute jerk.

I think the show is a complete embarrassment to the agency as a whole. Deputy Murillo wants to be a man, Deputy Penoyer is working all angles to get her own spin off reality show(I Love New York and Deputy Penoyer), Deputy Cooper is trying to sound intelligent using alot of 25 cent words in the wrong context, and Detective Bower is crying out for an extreme makeover! These ladies with the exception of Bower have no clue about real police work. It's easy to talk tough and sound bad when they have all the back up that they do! I work road patrol, and have on countless occasions cleaned up the messes that two of these ladies created for themselves, and without the assistance of male deputies on scene they wold have given up police work a long time ago. They did not earn their current assignments, they have been placed in these specialized units to be taken care. If you really believe that Penoyer or Murillo are the runners for those units, then your probably a woman! The show is edited, to showcase the ladies in real action after the fact. In both jump out and pursuit scenes, male deputies are the ones who caught the fleeing suspect. So tune in next Thursday and continue to watch as the nail polish and lip gloss brigade continue to pretend to fight crime in Broward County!!

well, what do you call it when someone uses force to take something from you? its a basic def. just like if someone raches in a car and punches you with a closed fist...burg w/ batt. (life felony)

Yeah some of these comments sound completely bitter and delusional. The biggest issue with me is the showing of their residences and children. Other than that give me a break with picking apart their officer safety.

Who is this idiot talking about armed robbery? Find another career.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast