Candidates For Sheriff - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Candidates For Sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by Yoweeee
    Thank you Sheriff Bradshaw for that last post, you definitely cleared up any confusion that may have exist.
    I'm not Ric Bradshaw, but I do support him & his office, as well as all of the excellent work of the men and women at the PBSO, and other law enforcement agencies as well.

My post was merely a personal opinion of mine concerning the candidates previously mentioned, two of which I have met and worked with personally (Lincoln & Bradshaw). The remaining information came simply from those who knew the other fine men and the departments they lead.

I have no hidden agenda here. In the event that Sheriff Bradshaw is defeated and one of the candidates I mentioned should become his replacement, I'm confident they will do everything in their power to lead a professional agency by all accounts.

That said, It is also my opinion that Sheriff Bradshaw is doing a very good job. But, it does NOT make me an expert on the issue, either.

Quote Originally Posted by AgtZero
    Immler, Schroeder, Reiter, Smith and Lincoln are qualified candidates. Shippell is not, and not because of what has been written here, but simply because she lacks the qualifications and expertise to run anything other than a beauty salon...and that may be suspect.

Shippell was an excellent communicator and did a super job in community relations. But that's it, folks. nothing more, and that just won't be enough to run an agency like the PBSO...or any other law enforcement agency for that matter.

As for the others, don't expect Lincoln to immediately jump out there knowing that Bradshaw still has a very good grip on the preent job, and despite what has been said in these posts, Ric is popular with the citizens and the County Commissioners. His standing in the Democratic party on both a local and state level are very good. You may not consider that important in a non-partisan race, but don't kid yourself. He has plenty of backers in the republican side as well. With Palm Beach County being mostly a Democratic populated area, It all equals good things for our Sheriff. Just use the results of the last election as a guide to the future.

It doesn't mean Lincoln isn't qualified, or won't take the chance, it just means he will be very smart about which way he approaches the issue, if at all.

Which is probably why Reiter, from a Town that is primary Republican territory, historically, will not consider a run at Sheriff in the upcoming election. Schroeder, Smith and Immler are relatively unknown, other than in their own communities, and will most likely think twice about challenging Bradshaw.
    I agree with this post, however, I can say with confidence (from an insiders prospective) that Immler is very happy in Boynton, and Boynton is very happy with him. He has no desire or intentions to leave Boynton Beach any time soon, and he would never challenge Bradshaw for the position out of respect and friendship.

In the event that Bradshaw decides not to return, Lincoln would be an excellent candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Jenkins
    Gentlemen: It came to my attention that a misinformed person is suggesting that I am considering running for Sheriff at some point in the future. I would like to assure you all that I will never run for any elected office including and especially Sheriff. Voter appeal and politics in general is not even remotely within my skill set. Had anyone bothered to ask, I'd have told them without a doubt that I fully support Sheriff Bradshaw. I'm sure the person providing this inaccurate data meant well but was misinformed. Should you doubt this is actually coming from me, feel free to call my cell. I hope that a moderator would be kind enough to remove this inaccurate information. Sincerly, Rick Jenkins, 2016.
    I work D1 nights, and Major J is the f'ing man!

I have been with his agency long enough to have worked under five Sheriffs. I understand some may have complaints, but what I don't understand is why so many want to talk poorly of this Sheriff. He has taken us as a whole farther in one administration than the last couple combined. Personnally, I hope he stays around long enough for me to retire under his command. We should be grateful for all that we have gained and should note when he went to the County Commission, not one deputy lost his job!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789