UNSAFE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UNSAFE

Cool UNSAFE

The screws have begun, I am curious why it is safe to drop to one officer schools in many of the high schools? Why can the district offer so much money as a supplement to the glades and no one take them up on it? Why want the chief admit this department is dead and for our own safety we need to merge.

Re: UNSAFE

WELL TELL THE MEDIA, TELL THE NEWS STATIONS, TELL THE PBA, CALL THE PALM BEACH COMPOST. MAKE THE PUBLIC AWARE OF WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON. I AM SURE IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS WE WILL BE GONE. ITS OBVIOUS HERNANDEZ IS GOING TO DO WHAT JOHNSON COULD/DOES NOT.

LETS SEE, DROP THE NUMBER OF SRO'S AND THEN MERGE? WE ARE A SINKING SHIP AND WILL NOT BE AROUND MUCH LONGER. ITS GONNA BE A ROUGH RIDE BUT IN THE END A MERGER WILL HAPPEN EVEN IF ITS WITH 50 OFFICERS, THATS WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE BEST IS ALL THE CRY BABIES THAT DIDNT WANT A MERGER, NOW THEY ARE GETTING TRANSFERED ALL OVER THE COUNTY, AND NOW WISH THINGS WERE DIFFERENT.

ATLEAST WE DONT HAVE TO RESPOND TO CALLS FOR SERVICE IN OUT OWN VEHICLES ANYMORE!!! MAKES ME SICK TO THINK OF ALL THE IDIOTS HERE BEFORE US THAT LET THAT HAPPEN!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Truth
    The screws have begun, I am curious why it is safe to drop to one officer schools in many of the high schools? Why can the district offer so much money as a supplement to the glades and no one take them up on it? Why want the chief admit this department is dead and for our own safety we need to merge.
    It's not the Chief's idea not to hire; that comes from further up. Look for more one officer schools. Remember that those without a dept vehicle now cannot be sent to another school unless it is within golf-cart distance. Those with dept cars will have to be sent. As elementary officers retire or leave for another dept, that results in less officers that are mobile, unless their spots get filled with officers formerly assigned to a school site. If officers, assigned to schools retire or leave ( we have at least two more this calendar year), and if their assignments get filled with elementary officers, that results in fewer mobil officers to respond to schools. We've lost two sgt's spots, so the remaining sgts have more schools to respond to.

[quote=Domino Effect]
    Quote Originally Posted by "The_Truth":30humaow
    It's not the Chief's idea not to hire; that comes from further up. Look for more one officer schools. Remember that those without a dept vehicle now cannot be sent to another school unless it is within golf-cart distance. Those with dept cars will have to be sent. As elementary officers retire or leave for another dept, that results in less officers that are mobile, unless their spots get filled with officers formerly assigned to a school site. If officers, assigned to schools retire or leave ( we have at least two more this calendar year), and if their assignments get filled with elementary officers, that results in fewer mobil officers to respond to schools. We've lost two sgt's spots, so the remaining sgts have more schools to respond to.[/quote:30humaow]

OK AND YOUR POINT? YOU STATED THE OBVIOUS. THE CHIEF CAN PROPOSE THE OFFICER SAFETY ISSUE TO THE "HIGHER UPS" BELIEVE ME. HE JUST CHOOSES NOT TO. HE DOES NOT WANT TO ROCK THE SINKING SHIP. YOU HAVE INSULTED THE CHIEF BY MAKING THAT STATEMENT. WHAT HE CAN DO, AND CHOOSES TO DO (OR NOT TO DO) ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS!

Its amazing how this agecny is being ripped apart with no rhyme or reason for some of the decisions that are being made. Saftey of the students,staff and each other should be our major concern as Police Officers. Merge or not ,it dosn't matter until there is another major incident and then everyone gets smart again to what is important. For some reason they are not taking into the fact the size of the school and how many potential issues will occur....I think the Administration is in for a rude awakening when they see the volume of calls rise, due to the fact that one less Officer on a large campus. Because when only one uniform is visible, this will cause the students to instigate a situation. The visiblity factor is a crime deterrant that can never be measured. The second issue is that manpower is not being utilized in the correct manner. For the life of me i do not understand why we don't utilize some of the schools as home base for other specilized units, we would be killing two birds with one stone.... Each specialized Officer would be assigned to a school and would also be responsible for whatever their specialty is.....training, investigations, gangs.. All sworn personnal should have a work station at a school not at the DAC or at Safe schools.....This would allow for most schools to be back up to the protection needed...One of the two High School cops would be designated as a feeder car with a marked unit. This vechicle would be left at the School which would inturn also promote parking lot saftey....In most agencys they want there Officers to be close to where they work and the main reason is to get to a location as fast as possible to handle a situation and to be available for after school activities ......This county is HUGE and it makes no sense for people to drive 50 miles to get to work (take home car or not) ,,,,,,so much for helping the energy situation .....Im sure our enemys are smiling in the Middle East because we are sucking up gas needlessly.......Thats why I say ............ITS A DAMN SHAME .....

You know what's truly unsafe all of you intellectually inferior morons trying to think. It is such a shame that no matter what transpires in this department it is always the same group of malcontents who complain and ***** from the anonymity of their computers. You and the rest of the mental midgets are not spreading any new light on events that we are not already tuned into. You say it's such a shame about how things are and you are correct but the real shame is that you loud mouths will talk crap about everything that is done pro or con for the department without the proper facts. What is a shame is that over the years you have allowed yourselves to be bamboozled by ineffective and unknowledgeable representation and when someone comes along and tries to open your eyes you bash them. Unsafe is what you see when you look in the mirror for you are your own worse enemy. Yes the job should be better towards us, yes we deserve better working conditions and equipment and yes there is no confidence in our current command structure. But these things can be overcome during time with the proper guidance. What will always be a hinderance in developing a stronger and unified police department are you cowards who like to hide behind the screen and disparage your fellow officer and department. Yes we realize moral is steamrolling downhill at a very rapid pace but what have you done to stem the flow. What was your contribution towards making this a better place. Yeah, just like I thought nothing. Everyone knows it sucks and it only seems to be getting worse; tell us how we can make it better......really!!!! The time is now, change is warranted, change is necessary, change your attitude and let's build a better department. Green or Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome Back Kotter and the crew.
    You know what's truly unsafe all of you intellectually inferior morons trying to think. It is such a shame that no matter what transpires in this department it is always the same group of malcontents who complain and ***** from the anonymity of their computers. You and the rest of the mental midgets are not spreading any new light on events that we are not already tuned into. You say it's such a shame about how things are and you are correct but the real shame is that you loud mouths will talk crap about everything that is done pro or con for the department without the proper facts. What is a shame is that over the years you have allowed yourselves to be bamboozled by ineffective and unknowledgeable representation and when someone comes along and tries to open your eyes you bash them. Unsafe is what you see when you look in the mirror for you are your own worse enemy. Yes the job should be better towards us, yes we deserve better working conditions and equipment and yes there is no confidence in our current command structure. But these things can be overcome during time with the proper guidance. What will always be a hinderance in developing a stronger and unified police department are you cowards who like to hide behind the screen and disparage your fellow officer and department. Yes we realize moral is steamrolling downhill at a very rapid pace but what have you done to stem the flow. What was your contribution towards making this a better place. Yeah, just like I thought nothing. Everyone knows it sucks and it only seems to be getting worse; tell us how we can make it better......really!!!! The time is now, change is warranted, change is necessary, change your attitude and let's build a better department. Green or Blue.
    You make some valid points, but be aware you too are throwing stones and hiding behind your keyboard. Your do as I say, not as I do attitude questions your validity.

But, I think it is too late to rebuild, our brass is here, and are no help. Like you stated people ***** and complain but that’s where it begins and ends. Nobody shows up at the PBA meeting to speak their mind.

If we were to get involved and join together we might survive, but only at the same level we are at now; where we are barely holding our heads above water.

The way I see it is, if a critical incident occurs, our importance will skyrocket. If a merger occurred our level of service will skyrocket (due to us having all the tools we need to do our job), or in about 5 years when new leadership arrives we will have another shot at it. It’s the dopes before us that have put us in this position. It amazes me that these fools respond to calls for service in their POVs!!!

This was ridiculous!

I bet you are down about 50 Officers, and I am sure the District has an agenda for us, and it is to dissolve us in 5 years

Its great how everyone comes on here to cry, whine, and complain.Too bad you dont have the balls to talk at the PBA meetings, or to the brass. I like how it appears everyone burys their heads in the sand until it happens to them, and now they try and do something about it, but only to the extent of crying on this stupid messageboard.

We are lucky to have our jobs!

When you are responding through the streets of Palm Beach County with a golf cart make sure it is STREET LEGAL. The chief will never testify in court that he told anyone to respond on golf carts. Be smart guys, use your heads!

grow a set, and tell someone who cares or do something about it, instead of coming on here and crying about it! Write AJ and the media you lazy SOB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast