$60,000+ a year for the last 5 years..possible?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

$60,000+ a year for the last 5 years..possible?

I spoke to a trooper recently who stated that with SOAR, overtime, and addtional details he made $60,000 + a year for the last 5 years. The trooper has been on over 5 years. Is this possible?

Re: $60,000+ a year for the last 5 years..possible?

Yes, this is possible if you kill yourself working 20-30 extra hours per week and have no life. Eventually you will burn out.

Quote Originally Posted by guest585858
    I spoke to a trooper recently who stated that with SOAR, overtime, and addtional details he made $60,000 + a year for the last 5 years. The trooper has been on over 5 years. Is this possible?
    Yup, it's possible...I did it (I averaged 80K my last 2 years with FHP) but I was working days, nights, weekends, holidays...you name it...I was working every possible detail available there was..ZERO family life, ZERO personal life. I would max out my hours every other week...72 hours. I was always in uniform.
    So, yes it's possible...just gotta work a lot.

Look at it this way, go work for an SO or City department. In the last 5 before you retire, you'll make that much... only putting in your eight hours a day. :snicker:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Look at it this way, go work for an SO or City department. In the last 5 before you retire, you'll make that much... only putting in your eight hours a day. :snicker:

Most agencies pay more for topped out officer, second most other agencies aren't still on this 8 hour a day schedule they have long shifted to set 12 hour shifts..

Hardly the last five...more like after the first five...

Most agencies pay more for topped out officer, second most other agencies aren't still on this 8 hour a day schedule they have long shifted to set 12 hour shifts..
    Talked with officers from 2 different municipal agencies with 12 hour shifts; they weren't so happy with it. If you draw 6PM to 6AM, it's like having permanent midnights, only longer shifts. According to them the days off are nice, but it doesn't do much for your family or personal life. One's agency had a shift differential that only amounted to about $50-$75 dollars a month after taxes. I'm not so sold on 12 hour shifts, maybe 10 hour days with 3 days off.

NO#1- No one else is hiring during the budget crunch except for FHP, so you stuck here.

2 - Find me a former Trooper that now works for a PD or SO and does not work OT or off duty and yheir base salry is still more than FHP.

I have learned that no matter where you go to make more money, you still end up working off duty.

I know of Lt's in the city of Miami and Metro Dade with a base salary of 80-90k that still work off duty.

Hell, we have a Lt here in Miami (MH) with a base salary of 94k and still works off duty. So don't kid yourself, the more you make the more you will spend...

NO#1- No one else is hiring during the budget crunch except for FHP, so you stuck here.

2 - Find me a former Trooper that now works for a PD or SO and does not work OT or off duty and yheir base salry is still more than FHP.

I have learned that no matter where you go to make more money, you still end up working off duty.

I know of Lt's in the city of Miami and Metro Dade with a base salary of 80-90k that still work off duty.

Hell, we have a Lt here in Miami (MH) with a base salary of 94k and still works off duty. So don't kid yourself, the more you make the more you will spend...
    Very true, however, they work OD for extra $$, not to merely own a house or survive.

Very true, however, they work OD for extra $$, not to merely own a house or survive.

Thats not true!

I know these guys..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast