Sgt.R.Kinchen stupid idea
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sgt.R.Kinchen stupid idea

I feel sorry for you guys that work for him,in today's Miami Herald he states that an officer responds to EVERY 911 call with one objective,to discover if a crime was committed and to restore peace and order to the situation.That he(Sgt.*******) was an invited guest and should have displayed respect to mr.gates.
    Sgt.Kinchen apparently wants you guys to respond to a 26 in progress by two offenders like you are going to a 19,blocked driveway.He even contradict himself when he stated that you are there to restore peace and order,exactly why mr.gates was arrested,Sgt.******* was not an invited guest,he responded to a FELONY IN PROGRESS.All mr gates had to do was show an id and it would be over,but he chose to be an a$$ and was arrested.The apology needs to come from the aggressor mr.gates.When we respond to a 26 in progress,we respond with weapons ready (OFC SAFETY),if the alledged offender is there legally all he has to do is show proof and we go back to the doughnut shop,end of story.But if he wants to play hardball,more than likely he will end up as a 39.so kinchen if you want to respond to a 26 in progress with your hands in your pockets,that is fine but don't expect the rest of us to do it!!!

Re: Sgt.R.Kinchen stupid idea

If true,very sad.Kinchen was once one of the best we had and trust me,he beat up many crooked, black Americans so this must be a new,militant Kinchen?? Oh and why is he talking to media? He aint P.I.O. so he should keep his mouth shut and the prez already covered this with Gates and ******* so S.T.F.U.

Sgt. Kinchen was right to give his opinion and he is proof that America is the greatest country on the planet. I also agree with his assertion as a professional. If a police officer goes to a man's home to make the situation better and then finds no crime, he has an obligation as a man and as a professional to back out of that situation leaving it no worse than he found it. There is a problem here how ever. You guys seem to be nothing more than a bunch of cry baby bullies bent on using your authority as law enforcement officers to force people to bend to your will. New flash, this is America, not some third world dictatorship where the police are the jack booted Gestapo forcing law and order. You serve the people... We ALL serve the people. I pray that when your family and friends need the help of the police, they get professionals that are smarter and better than you. Most of you got pushed around in high school or were not smart enough to be anything else so you push a bully. There are, however, those like Sgt. Kinchen who swore an oath and remember what it means. Those are the men (and women) who deserve this job. You cry when you get pushed around by staff and then you turn around and do it to the citizens... In America we have the right to have a bad attitude, to free speech, and to so much more. As an agent of government, which is what we are, we have no right to arrest people simply because we do not like their attitudes or what they say. Sgt. Kinchen has restored by faith in this great profession. He is a man, not some coward hiding behind the badge to too weak to be man enough to walk away from a stupid arrest. When you raised your right hand to God, country, and your family and promised to protect and defend America's Constitution, not impose your will on the people... That is why citizens do not wish to support us when politicians say we make too much money, or that our pensions should be reduced. That is why the citizens overwhelmingly voted for civilian oversight of police. you guys are out of control. I'll bet not one of you will say in his face what you coward and write on here. Be a man and go to Sgt. Kinchen and tell him what you think. If you think differently, turn in that badge on the way over to him. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Not just for your sake but for that of the people that should have faith in you. I am starting to see why so many people feel free to tell me that they hate cops when they learn what I do. I use to think that they had an attitude problem. Now I see that it is us law enforcement officers that have the wrong attitude.

Relax folks this is old news if the Boston Sergeant were wrong he would not have been invited to the White house for some beers with the president. Their department stuck together and back each other up, thats a department! Now you lazy ash biatches need to stop with the moronic comments and stop back stabbing each other. That other boston cop with the "jungle monkey" comment should be fired or suspended but, lets not use the race card everytime a famous black man gets arrested.

Kinchen is okay by me.

BY REGINALD KINCHEN
    Reginald Kinchen is a Miami patrol sergeant assigned to the North District.

As a 49-year-old, 25-year veteran police sergeant for the city of Miami Police Department, I have asked myself several times: How would I have handled the situation with Professor Gates if I had been dispatched to his home to investigate a possible break-in?

A policeman responds to every 911 call with only one objective, to discover if a crime has indeed been committed. If the investigation reveals that no crime has occurred, the policeman must quickly switch from the aggressive ''big bad police officer'' to the compassionate officer who is going to help restore peace and order to the situation.

The point we must remember in this case is that Sgt. ******* crossed the threshold of Professor Gates' home. He was an invited guest and should have displayed much respect in order to decelerate the situation.

Failure to assuage a similar situation may lead to an officer being called stupid by some and, more than that, he or she could potentially create lawsuits and miss an opportunity to have a citizen as a friend, one who will call on police for help in the future.

Police often make the wrong decisions, and they make matters worse when they use the power of arrest to try to make it right.

The professional decision in this case should have been: ``Professor Gates, I'm sorry I received the wrong 911 information about you.''

Professor Gates, please accept my apology for the actions of my fellow police brother. His ego temporarily swayed his oath to serve, honor and protect.

Professor please forgive me for investigating a crime and please please forgive me for causing you to act disorderly outside your home and triple sorry for causing you to call me a racsist officer. Please Mr.professor dont call the chief or Mr. Obama and have me punished. lordy lordy I have upset the professor and now ask jesus to forgive for responding to a burglary in progress, I should have known he was a Harvard professor and expert on race relations.

Kinchen you are a moron

Kinchen is a Racist. Always has been.

WHEN DOES THE FDL-UBE REPORT COME OUT?

Sergggent kitchen I have to inform you that your comit three weeks after the allege incident will not get you a beer at the white house or any house. I write this for your understanding. we apeeshiate yo delayed response

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast