Beers???

Thread: Beers???

Beers???

Why the hell would you go to D.C. and have beers with the two racists???

Re: Beers???

Grow up and put your hood back on in the back woods of Gator Country.

This has nothing to about race and everything to do about us as COPs and how citizens view us. You should go up to Cambridge and look around.

You give all Florida COPs a bad name.

You should come down and look around at Ft. Lauderdale & Miami Dade. No hoods in the hood. You wouldn't last a day. I agree with Beers, the two are RACISTS.

At first I was really angry with this whole Obama thing...But now I am furious!! To think that they are willing to squash the whole race issue over beers? You "hillbillies" at cambridge deserve all of the ridicule you get from real departments down here in Miami Florida.. Bottom line, If it was me in this mess, I would tell Obama to stick the beer where the sun dont shine..Have some dignity Cambridge!

Quote Originally Posted by FLORIDAPOPO
    At first I was really angry with this whole Obama thing...But now I am furious!! To think that they are willing to squash the whole race issue over beers? You "hillbillies" at cambridge deserve all of the ridicule you get from real departments down here in Miami Florida.. Bottom line, If it was me in this mess, I would tell Obama to stick the beer where the sun dont shine..Have some dignity Cambridge!
    Whoa there big guy.....I am a South Fl cop as well and have been for a long,long time. Lets just take a big cup of calm the phuck down....It is one thing for us to get slammed and second guessed by the public, but this is the time that we in the Law Enforcement Community need to pull together and support each other. Cambridge, Ft. Lauderdale, Compton, I've been to all of them. They have the same issues we have. They have some really great cops and some real POS, same as us. The President calls and asks for a meeting, and uses the blue collar vernacular, talk over a beer. The sgt, who is under immense pressure, as is his family just wants to get on with his life, I agree, meet the president, do what is right for you Sgt. *******, it is unfair to say you have the entire law enforcement community on your back, you don't, I can handle myself, you just look out for you, because when it is all said and done, it is just you and your family. And my fellow Fla cop, lets not compare departments, we all have a lot to be embarrassed about, just yesterday I heard about some guys in SoFl, in a jam about speaking out of school during an arrest....and their entire conversation was captured on the dash cam, so please, support each other, lord knows our job isn't easy. Do you realize 5 cops were shot and 4 were killed this past week, alone? God Bless all of us, and more importantly our families who worry every time we leave for work.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT
    You should come down and look around at Ft. Lauderdale & Miami Dade. No hoods in the hood. You wouldn't last a day. I agree with Beers, the two are RACISTS.
    AND SO IS PHANTOM

Quote Originally Posted by FLORIDAPOPO
    You are correct SIR

Civilian One,

The rest of us can tell that you are not a cop but a wanna be cop. Use the thing inside of your head called a brain to look at this intellectually to arrive at a good choices like most cops do everyday.

So, to imply I am a racist is a scotoma in itself. The irony behind your statements brings me to the point that we, the cops on this blog, are brothers and sisters in blue and can have intellegent conversations and agree to disagree

So go back to the area in the sandbox that no one wanted to play with you when you were a child because your comments are very much childish.

This is way under Obama's pay grade as president. He should have kept out of it and worried about the bigger issues he was elected to do. Like him or NOT he should have left his nose out of this one!

Sgt. *******,

I have my opinion of what I think MIGHT have caused things to happen they way they did, but one fact remains...I WASN'T THERE. YOU WERE. I read your report (posted online at MSN) and used it as an example of preeminent police report writing during report writing class at the academy. The facts, as presented in your report and the report of your fellow officer, were clear and well-defined, and I think there was enough for the case to go forward. I am a 19-year veteran and I think that you have shown the utmost in professionalism when facing the media scrutiny of your job performance and decisions that you made on that fateful day. Of all the people to pick to fling the race card at, I think that Dr. Gates was shamed and humbled when he discovered your credentials. I think that Dr. Gates has learned that the race card cannot be played with impunity, and that it does not hold the "street value" that it used to. The fact of the matter is simple: some white people are racists, and some black people are racists. It just so happens that the white police officer that responded to the call that day was not a racist, JUST AS MOST POLICE OFFICERS, BLACK OR WHITE, AREN'T RACISTS. Yes, President Obama spoke out of turn and without all the facts, but he is human, and CAN learn from his mistakes, unlike the previous "Decider". I only hope that your meeting with him will open up his eyes, his mind, and his heart to the dangers that we as LEOs face daily. I salute your decency, your professionalism, and your ability to forgive, as well as your ability to educate about, as well as enforce, the laws of your state, city, and this country.

Be safe, keep your professionalism, and go with God.