Sgt ******* and Cambridge Police Dept
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

Sgt ******* and Cambridge Police Dept

I think everyone is aware of the incident involving Sgt ******* of the Cambridge, MA Police Dept and President Obama's remarks. I just wanted to let everyone know that the Cambridge Police Department does have a Board listed under Massachusetts.

Some of you already have, but I would invite those of you who haven't, to go to the Cambridge PD Message Board and leave a message for Sgt ******* and Cambridge PD. Let them know that they have support from around the country.

Here is a link to there board. http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewforum.php?f=330

Thanks,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Re: Sgt ******* and Cambridge Police Dept

Sgt. *******,

sw Florida cops suport you!

Please, we all know that arrest was a "POP" arrest. How can you arrest a man for disorderly conduct in his home. The officer was pissed and decided to make an arrest. I'm not as an officer going to support all officer's action. If you make a mistake admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Not all cops
    Please, we all know that arrest was a "POP" arrest. How can you arrest a man for disorderly conduct in his home. The officer was pissed and decided to make an arrest. I'm not as an officer going to support all officer's action. If you make a mistake admit it.
    I agree with you and YOU made a mistake. How do you make an assessment when you know what the rest of us know? How do you know what the officer was feeling? Was Gates calm? Was Gates agitated and uncooperative? Was Gates racially profiling? Was Gates race-baiting? How do you know what went into the decision making of the SERGEANT ? I am not all that certain you are a cop and if you are you need to brush up on your skills, you appear to jump to conclusions and make decisions without knowing all the facts, something i would expect from a rookie or from a disgruntled cop who most likely was terminated.
    All I know is this, the police were called to the scene of a reported felony in progress, I must believe that Gates did nothing to quell the concern of Gates and others there. Gates was arrested for DOC, Gates states this happened because he is black, Sgt. ******* stands by his arrest and his actions. The fact that Obama is Gates' friend is fine, the fact that Obama comments about it and disrespected all police officers in not. I believe Sgt. ******* is being intimidated and bullied, and if you have an ounce of decency, you would stand behind the man for those reasons. I will be the first in line to ( and I have ) call out a bad cop, demand his firing and in one case testified against them in court, I will also be the first to support someone ( anyone ) that I believe is being wronged. I guess it is far fetched to believe a Harvard professor could be arrogant,****y and feel a sense of entitlement. I am just cautious of Obama's friends, you know, Jeremiah Wright, William Ayers and now Gates, together they make the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Not all cops
    The fact that you ask " how can you arrest a man for disorderly conduct in his own home ?"
    confirms that you are not in law enforcement or must be one of the most incompetent cops in the world. Yea, I know you, a supervisor's nightmare and a squad's Achilles heel. If you are in law enforcement, and I seriously doubt it, quit, this job is not for you. You will either get yourself or worse, someone else killed or injured because of your lack of skills, knowledge and intestinal fortitude.

You are the idiot retired guy. read the statute for disorderly conduct. You are causing a ruckus in public drawing a crowd dumb A$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by retired guy/idiot
    You are the idiot retired guy. read the statute for disorderly conduct. You are causing a ruckus in public drawing a crowd dumb A$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    And he stated that in his report. Further he could have used the resisting charge or whatever is similar in Ma, as he, Gates was impeding the investigation. I'm sorry, normally police are not in a position to prosecute the case and act as jury...I may be retired but does " probable cause" no longer exist? If Gates was illegally or unlawfully detained or arrested then he has grounds to sue, why isn't he? And on the flip side, Sgt. Crawly has the right to sue for slander and liable. Dumb ass, that is it, I disagree with the assessment on a rookie and that is your comeback? I still don't believe you are a cop , possibly a service aide or dispatcher who happens to have an AA degree in Criminal Justice from the local Community College. I am certain, if you are working for a police agency, I could ask for the biggest arse wipe and I am sure your name will be given. Now, go back to counting paperclips and leave the adults alone. You are dismissed. Any cop worth his salt can come up with the approbriate charge at anytime, POP charge,watch another episode of Law and Order and learn some more lingo, putz.

Massachusetts law and Florida are not the same, In massachusetts you just need to meet one of these definitions:

A "disorderly person" is defined as one who:

with purpose to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or

recklessly creates a risk thereof or

engages in fighting or threatening, violent or tumultuous behavior, or

creates a hazard or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose.

I would say the Sgt had PC for the arrest based on reading his police report and following media reports.

Oh by the way in the report is states that Gates was not arrested until he was outside his home. It said that Gates followed the Sergeant outside of his home. Last I check and I am a newer Officer but, just because you are in your yard and you breach the peace of others (not a cop's he had witnesses) you can still be arrested for disorderly. I love how people can quarterback this guy without knowing all the facts. Read the report its in there. Its one of the longest disorderly reports I have ever seen. The Sergeant was thorough with explaining everything that led to his arrest. He also stated that Gates started to act unruly in his home. The sergeant then walked outside the home where gates followed continuing his ranting. When the Sergeant witnessed these actions outside his home he made the arrest. I agree there is a need to police the police but, i think its gotten to a point where we go in to a call with our hands tied behind our back. The funny thing is he did walk up to the guys home, they were called by a concerned neighbor. If I were Gates I would have thanked my neighbors for looking out for my home like that. But I only have a high school education with one year on my department.

It's no secret that Sgt. ******* Arrested Gates because Gates pissed him off. Once Sgt. ******* determined that Gates lived at the residence that should have been the end. Sgt. ******* is no different then the rest of us who has 15 someone or given someone a citation not because they did something wrong but because of their attitude. Stop Praising him like he's a damn hero.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast