I work as a dispatcher for a small police agency in Florida. Our dispatch office is in the front of the station and it has a bullet proof window so people can interact with me and at the same time I am protected. Anyhow there is a glass door that leads to the lobby and a large window. The business next to the police station is a pharmacy.

Well one morning as I was sipping my coffee and getting ready to go and distribute the mail I see a man arguing with the manager and another man who I know is the undercover store detective in the pharmacy. The manager and the security guy were trying to stop this man.

Suddenly the man starts running and both manager and security ran after him. Suddenly I see this coming my way. So I got on the radio and asked my officers to come in and help.

This guy runs in yelling for help telling me that the two men out there want to kidnap him and bring him back into their store.

Suddenly the security guy and manager walk into the station.

I asked the manager what the heck was going on. The security guard told me that the guy had just stolen over $450.00 of pain killers and other medicine and he had it in the bag he was carrying.

At that moment my officers arrived and began questioning the guy. My officers asked him to let them look in the bag to see what he had in it. When they looked the same merchandize that the manager and security guard had described was in the bag.

My officers arrested the guy for retail theft and took him to get booked at the jail.

The moral of this story is: If you break the law don’t run into a police station asking for help.